Trying to transfer an audio file from my Droid Inc 2 to my computer via USB

burnishedgold

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having trouble getting an audio file from my phone onto my computer via USB. (I'm using the USB cord from my charger.) I have installed the Tape-A-Talk app on my phone. I now have a .wav file that I want to upload to my computer. When I plug in the phone to the USB cord, Win7 shows it as a CD drive. The files are no where to be found. I have no idea how to access the SD card from the computer, as I cannot see anything other than the following:

drv folder
img folder
autorun file
TL-bootstrap file
TL-Bootstrap.exe.manifest file
tlbs file
VMMModeSelection file

In my phone, I don't see a way for me to tell TAT to save directly to the SD card. Can anyone help? I need to figure this out soon. I will be traveling and need to know the audio I record is able to be used on the computer later on down the road. I will be out of the country, so emailing the files is not an option. Thanks in advance.

OP
B

burnishedgold

Reaction score
Are you in charge only mode? Do you have USB debugging turned on? Go to settings, applications, development, USB debugging. You have to mount the SD to the computer so it can read it.

This post is Incredible 2!

I don't know what you mean by "charge only mode", but I assume you mean am I trying to access the phone while it's charging? The phone is on and plugged into the computer via USB. I checked my settings and I do not have debugging turned on.

OP
B

burnishedgold

Reaction score
Turns out, I was in charge only mode. I turned on debugging and I switched it over to mount as drive and found the folder! Thanks for your help!