1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trying to transfer an audio file from my Droid Inc 2 to my computer via USB

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by burnishedgold, Feb 1, 2012.

1. burnishedgold

burnishedgold New Member

Hello. I'm having trouble getting an audio file from my phone onto my computer via USB. (I'm using the USB cord from my charger.) I have installed the Tape-A-Talk app on my phone. I now have a .wav file that I want to upload to my computer. When I plug in the phone to the USB cord, Win7 shows it as a CD drive. The files are no where to be found. I have no idea how to access the SD card from the computer, as I cannot see anything other than the following:

drv folder
    img folder
    autorun file
    TL-bootstrap file
    TL-Bootstrap.exe.manifest file
    tlbs file
    VMMModeSelection file

In my phone, I don't see a way for me to tell TAT to save directly to the SD card. Can anyone help? I need to figure this out soon. I will be traveling and need to know the audio I record is able to be used on the computer later on down the road. I will be out of the country, so emailing the files is not an option. Thanks in advance.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Are you in charge only mode? Do you have USB debugging turned on? Go to settings, applications, development, USB debugging. You have to mount the SD to the computer so it can read it.

This post is Incredible 2!
  3. burnishedgold

burnishedgold New Member

I don't know what you mean by "charge only mode", but I assume you mean am I trying to access the phone while it's charging? The phone is on and plugged into the computer via USB. I checked my settings and I do not have debugging turned on.
  4. burnishedgold

burnishedgold New Member

Turns out, I was in charge only mode. I turned on debugging and I switched it over to mount as drive and found the folder! Thanks for your help!
Search tags for this page
how i tape my androaid phone with my computer
how to enable an incredible 2 for file transferring
how to move tape a talk files to computer
how to send audio files from android

how to send audio files on android

how to send music from droid incredible 2 to friends phone
how to transfer audio files from android to computer
how to transfer music from android to pc with usb
how to transfer my recordings from my htc phone to cd
how to transfer tape a talk
tape a talk files transfer