Trying to Theme ADW with a Mac

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Stelv, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Stelv

Stelv New Member

1- I extracted an ADW theme sdk file to my Mac computer using stuffit expander.

2- I changed the look of some of the png files (edited them in photoshop and saved over the existing png files with same name. Changed dock look, launcher icon, etc).

Now, how do I recompress and save this as an apk file that will install as an ADW theme on my moto droid?

P.S. I am having trouble understanding the eclipse method. I cannot get it to work in NinjaMorph.
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

To create the apk file for the theme, follow the ADW theme README. Once that's done, and you don't have any errors listed in Eclipse, right click on the "main" folder in the tree and under Android Tools pick Export as Signed application. Create a new key, pick a password (remember/write down so you can resign if export again for updates or what have you), fill out the information needed, and hit ok.

Install as any other apk. Done! Hope that answers your question.
  3. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Thank you. I will give that a try.

When I overwrite the png files by dragging a new one of the same name (that I modified in photoshop) into the drawables folder in the unzipped template (independent of eclipse)...i get errors when I view it in eclipse. It shows the modded icons as having errors, even though they are the same name and in the same place they originally were. Idk maybe I am in over my head lol.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

Rather than replacing them in the folder itself, dragg the images files into the folder tree in eclipse. The program can then properly place it in the template folder.
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Ok. Will do. Thanks!
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

Good luck!