Trying to run adb

Kack

Reaction score
ok so im still new at all this i have been reading and reading trying to figure it all out. yet its all the same to me. im trying to learn how to push a boot animation to my phone. looked for tutorials just having no luck. can anyone point me to a step by step guide on what to do?

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
alright, if you are familiar with Command Prompt (whatever the 'terminal' application is on Windows) navigate to the directory inside wherever you put the Android SDK folder called "tools"

once you are in that directory, with your phone plugged in of course you can use commands like adb shell or whatever commands you need.

I think to push a bootanimation specifically you use (make sure the bootanimation.zip is in the Android SDK directory)

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Last edited:

Blackmoth

Reaction score
Unix, I have a question for you regarding adb.

I've installed ADB successfully, enabled USB debugging, installed the up to date drivers from SDK updater, yet I can't get my Droid to show up on the device list.

>>adb devices
List of attached devices:
----blank------

Any ideas?

jbernard703

Reaction score

Blackmoth

Reaction score
Tried reinstalling the MotoConnect drivers, and that didn't have any effect. I guess I'll go back to square one and try over.

Though, I followed the UnLocker guide the first time, too.