Trying to root

ultrastigi

Reaction score
My friend wants to get rid of his bloatware. He just got the fasincate. He wants to root it and I have been doing research and i see some people said z4root works and others say it doesn't work.

Can someone tell me if it does or doesn't work and if not should I just do the superclick method?

He's on 2.2.1.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Odin: PDA> clockwork mod fix 3/30
install from zip> su zip

COMROM 2.0
OTB 1.6

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho... froyo "how to root" vzw fascinate ota update

Sent from my fascinate

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was hoping z4 would work because we work together and dont have access to a comp. Oh well he will have to manage till we can get together outside of work.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4 may or may not work. But it still is probably not the right way to root the fascinate. It may give you problems down the line.

DaleV

Reaction score
Have your friend go HERE and educate himself about rooting, recovery and what to do to fix, root, or get the files he will need for them, as well as a very easy to follow walk-through. Knowledge is Power, this way he can take care of himself and not have to rely on friends to fix anything he gets wrong.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
He's not gonna use roms or anything. He just wants to get rid of bloatware. He's tired of Skype and stuff always running

DaleV

Reaction score
He's not gonna use roms or anything. He just wants to get rid of bloatware. He's tired of Skype and stuff always running

I think anyone who is a root user of any kind should know how to fix problems, big red sure isn't gonna help.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
No I agree 100%. I was just doing the research so I can explain it to him. He's isn't very good with technology so I just explain everything to him. Thanks for the info guys.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is a very simple step-by-step guide to rooting the Fascinate.