trying to root moto droid with android 2.2 help please

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am trying to root my phone with the advice from one of these forums and it said to reboot my phone and hold the up directional key and hold power and then the screen that it says pops up like it should...on my computer however, i have the rsd lite downloaded and pulled up and my phone is not being detected in it like it said..i even went to configure and did the steps it said if my phone didnt show up and it still doesnt show my phone..what am i doing wrong?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you want to be in the bootloader for RSDlite to recognize it?

hold camera+volume down while powering up

and make sure you have the proper drivers installed for your PC

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
hey fiver i looked for universal androot in my apps and it isnt finding it..it says there is nothing by that name

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am following those instructions and i have downloaded the universal androot that u have given me but when i open it is says windows need to find the program to open it..am i doing something wrong? do i need to put it the download in my phone or something..and yes i have a bar code scanner downloaded btw

bhughesiii

Reaction score
i am following those instructions and i have downloaded the universal androot that u have given me but when i open it is says windows need to find the program to open it..am i doing something wrong? do i need to put it the download in my phone or something..and yes i have a bar code scanner downloaded btw

Copy it to your sdcard and install it to the phone. Androot is an app for the phone not the computer.

fiver643

Reaction score
ok i dont know to much about this. it work the first time with no problems for me.
do you have 2.2 FRG22D? or 2.2 FRG01B? it only works for FRG01B

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
ok well i have done everything and it all seems to be working well and i set my cpu to 800in the cpu manager but one more problem...i went to do the backup steps with the rom manager and it said scroll to nandroid and i did and then it says click on the with the camera button and when i did, instead of going to backup like the next step said it should have, it went and just rebooted back up to the normal screen..and then when i tried to do it again, it is just going the the triangle with the exclamation point in it witht he phone now..i have to reboot my phone to cut it back on or it will be stuck in this screen...any help or ideas of the problem?

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i just did step one by doing the flash clockwork recovery which i didnt do after that the first time and i tried the steps again and instead of saying backup it just reboots to the home screen again instead of saying the backup prompt

fiver643

Reaction score
i had a problem when i got to the SPRecovery and all i did was turn off/on my phone and it worked fine for me.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well anyone know what might be happening with this step? i followed them exactly like it said and when i hit nandroid with the camera button, instead of the next step backup, it just reboots my phone up and nothing else, so i cant finish backing my phone up at all...help please