Trying to root 4.5.602 - Help??

sno2787

Reaction score
I've been going crazy looking everywhere. I'm trying to root and load a custom rom on my droid x. I have 4.5.602 and i can't flash back to froyo. Seems like this is a known thing but im not 100% sure. Can i not flash back to froyo? If not, how can i root? I haven't been able to find anything that works. Thanks.

OP
S

sno2787

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply. I actually figured it out by myself using the motorolaoneclickroot_psouza4 program combined with ADB. I do however still have a question, is it not possible for me at all to flash back to froyo if im running gingerbread .602?

leftspin

Reaction score
OP
S

sno2787

Reaction score
Yea. I'm not new to the whole sbf flashing and installing ROMs thing. However, when i tried to flash back to the froyo sbf my phone wouldn't boot up so i just figured i couldn't do it. It would go to the droid screen (the red eye that kinda has that 1 spinning part on it) and hang there. Are there any known issues going from gingerbread .602 to froyo?

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
Yeah it bootloops..pull the battery, then boot into stock recovery(home key +power), then search key, volume keys to factory reset, select with camera, then select reboot.