trying to root 2.1 epic fail

droidk

Reaction score
every time i try to root my phone install is aborted yes update.zip is in the root of my sd card and no it is not named update.zip.zip pleas help

amajamar

Reaction score
Are you using SPRecovery?

If so, are you selecting "allow update" first before selecting update?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
every time i try to root my phone install is aborted yes update.zip is in the root of my sd card and no it is not named update.zip.zip pleas help
you have to give us more details, what is the process you are using to Root, what update.zip are you referring to, what kind of device do you have, all these questions are vital in helping you along

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then spend a buck and buy easy root. Probably it's that you're not hitting the allow updates as suggested but if that doesn't work just get easy root.

Apollo

Reaction score
Yup, if you got the buck use Easy Root. If not, DMUpdater might be good for you too.. Some say it's a little buggy though.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Waht are you trying to do? Have you installed a custom recovery yet? Otherwise no update.zip will work.

ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERIES ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!

If you just install SPRecovery then you can install any custom Rom to gain Root.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup if you got the buck use Easy Root. If not, DMUpdater might be good for you too..

Don't know why people are using this stuff. I have seen nothing but problems with it. Flash SPR, install Rom, you are now rooted!

Apollo

Reaction score
Yup if you got the buck use Easy Root. If not, DMUpdater might be good for you too..

Don't know why people are using this stuff. I have seen nothing but problems with it. Flash SPR, install Rom, you are now rooted!

I personally have never used either one. I've just followed discussions where other guys have used them with some success. From what I understand, Easy Root also has 1-click unroot, which would be convenient for anyone who needs to take their phone to Verizon.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I personally have never used either one. I've just followed discussions where other guys have used them with some success. From what I understand, Easy Root also has 1-click unroot, which would be convenient for anyone who needs to take their phone to Verizon.

I guess one click unroot is ok, but if they had a custom recovery unrooting won't get rid of it.

Apollo

Reaction score
Hmm.. True. But, I guess it is still a convenience for the inexperienced bunch.