1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trying to restore Droid X for resale, think I might have messed something up

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidXer, Feb 26, 2011.

1. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

I installed RSDLite, the drivers and used the file VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf to restore. It says SW Update in progress, it says complete in RSDLite, but when I power off the phone and restart it immediately starts up the bootloader and says something about ER and "needs service" or something.

Prior to doing the update I wiped the SDCard of most of the third party app folders and all my personal stuff, could I have accidentally removed something important?

Or is there something else I am doing incorrectly? I have the newest version of RSD and I got the SBF from here:

Droid X 2.2 FULL SBF Finally Leaked! « droidXstatic

Of course I also noticed (too late) that the file says 2.3 instead of 2.2, not sure if that could be the issue or not.
  2. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

3. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

I'm going to try a different SBF. Two tries with the one I posted with the same result.
  4. X_TAC23

X_TAC23 Super Moderator

My droid world has a clean sbf
  5. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

Ok, it's still not working. Same error. Am I using the wrong SBF? I was rooted on the 2.2 OTA update and a ROM. Can I just take it to Verizon or something? I really don't care if I can ever use the phone, I just need it so someone else can buy it.

Can you link to the exact SBF I need to use because all of the ones I am downloading are the same filename, same size, etc.
  6. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

Could the ROM I installed when I was rooted prevent me from using this SBF file and bricked my phone? Can Verizon fix it? Can anything fix it?
  7. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

8. DroidXer

DroidXer New Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011