Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

1up

Reaction score
How does partition option work when doing it through Rom Mgr? Does it wipe your entire system, and if so how do you reinstall 5.0.6.1

You set it to how you want to partition.
Yes it clears out your SD-Card so before partitioning, BACKUP your SD-Card if you have anything you want to keep. Music, videos, pictures, etc.

Petey

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm coming from Ultimate Droid since everything went down, I figured I'd give Cyanogen a try.

When I install the ROM (through ROM Manager), if I install it without the Google Apps, when everything is done installing, my phone boots up with a cyan-colored live wallpaper. However, if I install the ROM with Google Apps or I install the Google Apps separately, my phone asks me for my Google information (like when you first get the phone) and when that is done, my background looks like an Ultimate Droid background (the UD letters are connected with a modified Droid mascot under it). When I install the Cyanogen ROM, I make sure to wipe the data and cache. Anyone have any idea what's going on? It seems weird to get the two different backgrounds depending on whether I install the Google Apps or not.

I should note that when I check my phone, it says my firmware is Cyanogen (on both backgrounds) but I'm just afraid that when I install the Google Apps, since it brings up the other background, I may not be fully getting rid of my previous Ultimate Droid ROM.

Any help will be much appreciated.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love apps2sd. You can wipe and flash a new ROM and your apps are all there. Couldn't be better.

Is there any lag? I heard that it takes a performance hit. I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Not sure. On 5.0.6.1 you can move apps back and forth between SD and system, so one can easily test it.

oh wow sweet, I might try this out later. Thanks for the heads up!

bluedust

Reaction score
UD10 works fine for me, and I could care less about any drama. Keep up the good fight though guys.

Chatchie

Reaction score
I came from UD as well. I used rom manager and everything went well. I must say that UD was flashier but the cyanogen is the fastest and most stable rom Ive used. The live wallpapers run super smooth which was never the case for me, the 360 rotation is cool too. Im gonna see about getting a theme layed on it through rom manager, I just wish there was a place with all the screenshots from the different themes.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I agree Chatchie on having a location that you can view all the different themes would be a great idea.