Trying to make a theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mopar57, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mopar57

mopar57 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Hi, I'm trying to make my own theme and having trouble doing this. Here is what is going on:

adb pull system/framework/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk

adb push framework-res.apk system/framework

When doing these to commands, I get "failed to copy ......framework-res.apk is read-only file system"

I first thought this was something with changeing an image, but i tried it without changing anything and it still does the same thing. any help would be nice!
  2. clk55r1d3h

clk55r1d3h New Member

The reason it's not letting you is because the system is "read only" you need to make it "read and write" or something like that...I don't know the scripts for making it like that but search around you'll find it it's very easy...

Have you ever used Root Explorer? Everytime you wanna modify something you need click on the little button that says "Mount R/W"....so basically you need to do the same thing...hope this helps
  3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Any time you change the framework-res, it's recommended to do so in recovery (as changing framework while running could lead to issues). When you are in recovery, use the menu to mount /system and then commence with the adb push. After doing so, unmount system and reboot.