Trying to make a theme/what am I doing wrong?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's definately a writeup..lol I will try it tonight when I get home but, I did read thru the entire thing. Very good job I would say. Easy to follow along. I'll put it to good use. You might want to write that up for the How-To section so it doesn't get buried in this thread over time.

And thank YOU for taking the time to do it in the 1st place!

You're welcome and will do. Let me know if you run into any issues.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey I meant to ask you.. does metamorph only work with things in /system? Reason I ask is, if I moved an app over to the SD card it wouldn't be in /system/app anymore.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you're not moving the app over to the sd card, you're just copying it so you know which files to edit. If you already know the files and file names you dont have to do that step. The apk remains in /system/app/.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No what I mean is, if I have an app installed on my SD card to save memory on my phone, can I theme it using metamorph?

Or are you saying that even if I move an app over to my SD card, it still stays in the /system/app folder?

I have 0 apps installed on my SD card but others do and if I make a theme I need to account for that.... or do i?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. Yeah it would have to be on your phone, and not your SDcard. That's one con of Metamorph. But can update.zips touch apks that are in your sdcard?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no idea. I wouldn't think so. I'd believe you would need to theme it before you moved it to the SD card. I was just curious since I didn't know.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you'd most probably have to do any theming before moving the app over to the sd card.

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah you'd most probably have to do any theming before moving the app over to the sd card.
Hey how about sending a copy of that metamorph writeup my way if you don't mind

would also like to get a copy
and x replace the .9 pngs with ones from a stock rom them it should work i had to do it

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey how about sending a copy of that metamorph writeup my way if you don't mind

How to Use Metamorph

I haven't used metamorph in a while, been update.zipping but i imagine it should not have changed and the steps should be the same...let me know if you run into any issues...