Trying to make a final decision

OP
T

treyinga

Reaction score
I don't know of anything coming out in the near future on Verizon that is better than the top phones out right now.

Jeff,

Thanks..I know there are always rumors, but I was wondering if there was anything spectacular in the near pipleine.

t35rk

Reaction score
I am really appreciating the opinions. As has mentioned, this is a personal opinion, and they are all good phones. I think have eliminated the I phone 4s because in chargers alone, that is another $100 and it has no flash, and the others you can talk on the phone and surf at the same time. I want 4G.

To be honest, I so close to going with Razr Maxx, but my Droid X just scares me. I think when I bought my X I definitely made the best choice at the time for me. Then six months ago, the phone became my nemesis. So I now have this love/hate relationship with Motorola. Had my phone not gone through this, I probably would have easily waited six months for another phone. That was a great suggestion, but my phone reboots several times a day, freezes constantly and I have stripped almost every program.

I have been to the stores twice, and I am going again today. To be honest I had not given the Rezound much attention until reading posts, so I need to test it as well. I did not like HTC with the Incredible I had for a week or two, but that was my first Android ever, so I need to look.

It is not about finding the best phone, but the best phone for me. So I guess my priorities are:

Good phone reception
Fast Internet
Good Screen
Dependability
Not locking up
Texting
Camera (it took years to take a picture and send it on my Droid and I have a nine month old
Music (I have I tunes long story)
tethering when necessary
and I am sure other things that will come to me.

Thanks again for the advice and comments. No matter which phone I get, I will actively be reading this forum for ways to maximize the experience

I think you have described the Rezound to a T. A very solid choice.

Also consider purchasing from Costco. They are usually cheaper than Verizon and have the best return policy in the business. 14 return with no restocking fee, and a 90 exchange if a new update is screwing over your device.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

t35rk

Reaction score
I don't know of anything coming out in the near future on Verizon that is better than the top phones out right now.

Nothing has been announced that I can think of minus the Droid 4 with its keyboard. I am hoping announcements come later this month.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Jeff, Thanks..I know there are always rumors, but I was wondering if there was anything spectacular in the near pipleine.
The Droid 4 is the only one and it is just a Razr with a keyboard. There us nothing new for at least till summer probably. Even if they announce something new, it will not be available right away.

t35rk

Reaction score
The Droid 4 is the only one and it is just a Razr with a keyboard. There us nothing new for at least till summer probably. Even if they announce something new, it will not be available right away.

4 or 5 months without a big release is an eternity for Verizon. It may take that long, but I bet at least one ICS device get released before then.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OP, the droid X was and still is a pretty good phone. I'm not sure how long you've had it, but if you had it since launch day you can see how many phones have come out since, it's still pretty cool to see these "first gen" phone can still keep up. However I've heard the GB update got things all wonky on the phone, made it slower, etc. These phones have more than enough power to handle GB and ICS when it launches on their devices. You're comparing a singlecore to a dualcore phone. A dualcore phone handles software much better and more efficiently.

I may have an idea how you feel with your X. A friend of mine still has their X and it's driving them crazy. Since then phones have gotten better and lag has become less of an issue. No matter whichever current device you choose they all run smoothly.

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I was about to make a similar post, but I'm glad that someone else beat me to it. I have a Droid 2 and honestly, I'm not very happy with it. I don't like MotoBlur at all and after its GB 2.3 update, I feel like my phone is worse. I used Liberty for awhile and that was good, but there was a good 5-6 months where the phone received no update and my phone seemed to go haywire (froze constantly). I unrooted and probably will never root again. I loved the customization, but I need the stability more.

It seems to me my options are a stable iOS phone (iPhone) or a stable Android (Google phone: Galaxy Nexus). I want the speed of 4G, but I'd rather have good battery life which I've heard the Nexus isn't very good with.

Not trying to steal the thread, but my question is very similar and figured it be better to add to this discussion rather than make a whole new thread. Thanks. :)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
All of the tier 1 phones have good battery life if you want it. The Nexus and Rezound both have extended batteries and the Maxx destroys the iPhone in battery life.

Razr/Nexus/Rezound > iPhone

OP
T

treyinga

Reaction score
I was about to make a similar post, but I'm glad that someone else beat me to it. I have a Droid 2 and honestly, I'm not very happy with it. I don't like MotoBlur at all and after its GB 2.3 update, I feel like my phone is worse. I used Liberty for awhile and that was good, but there was a good 5-6 months where the phone received no update and my phone seemed to go haywire (froze constantly). I unrooted and probably will never root again. I loved the customization, but I need the stability more.

It seems to me my options are a stable iOS phone (iPhone) or a stable Android (Google phone: Galaxy Nexus). I want the speed of 4G, but I'd rather have good battery life which I've heard the Nexus isn't very good with.

Not trying to steal the thread, but my question is very similar and figured it be better to add to this discussion rather than make a whole new thread. Thanks. :)

Please feel free to steal, as I am still taking any offers of advice as well. I like Motoblur all right, so I plan to go with the Razr Maxx. They really tried to steer me towards the Rezound and I know it is a great phone, BUT, I am not a fan of HTC. It is not intuitive for me and Motorla is. I cannot explain it. The VZW at two different stores told me they have had more problems with the Nexus than any other phone as far as returns. (Well not more than the Bionic, but they said few are buying that now).

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Please feel free to steal, as I am still taking any offers of advice as well. I like Motoblur all right, so I plan to go with the Razr Maxx. They really tried to steer me towards the Rezound and I know it is a great phone, BUT, I am not a fan of HTC.
LOL! They really STEERED you toward the Rezound? That is amazing. I dont think I have ever heard that before. Usually they steer you to the iPhone or Galaxy nexus and then MAYBE to the Razr...but never the red-headed-stepchild (the Rezound) heh heh.

It is not intuitive for me and Motorla is. I cannot explain it. The VZW at two different stores told me they have had more problems with the Nexus than any other phone as far as returns. (Well not more than the Bionic, but they said few are buying that now).
IMO the UI's are kinda irrelevant...I always install a custom launcher anyway. If it were not for the fact that you cant turn them off (and therefore they eat resources) I would not complain about them a all.

OP
T

treyinga

Reaction score
Jeff,

Don't make me regret my decision, lol. I struggled, but I hated my Incredible. The guy honestly said that strictly speaking hardware, that the Rezound was the best. Camera, display, processor etc. He made the choice difficult for me. He even made the argument that since it is HTC flagship, it might very well be the first to get ICS. They would not even talk about I Phone with me...lol...they said the could tell I was an Android guy at heart.

Insidious

Reaction score
LOL! They really STEERED you toward the Rezound? That is amazing. I dont think I have ever heard that before. Usually they steer you to the iPhone or Galaxy nexus and then MAYBE to the Razr...but never the red-headed-stepchild (the Rezound) heh heh.

IMO the UI's are kinda irrelevant...I always install a custom launcher anyway. If it were not for the fact that you cant turn them off (and therefore they eat resources) I would not complain about them a all.

I was steered toward the Rezound as well and they guy had a Thunderbolt! The reason I chose it was because the Nexus signal was God awful and ICS, no matter how much I wanted to love it just lagged way too much.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

IDroid4s

Reaction score
don't get the razor maxx if your had a droid X and u hate motoblur, pick the Nexus you won't regret it. while the razor and rezound will get ICS too but by that time most likely a newer phone will be out... you can get the 4S but at this point u should wait for the iPhone 5.
i say nexus! the most "up to date" android out!