Trying to love UD2 but all the darn bugs

alucard9114

Reaction score
i love the look and features of ultimate Droid but so many bugs it doesn't feel right here is a list of my bugs

1. cant select an app in app drawer with 3d drawer

2. camera has no zoom it shows im zoomed in to x4 but wont show

3. cant download facebook update

4. clunky non 3d app drawer

dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i love the look and features of ultimate Droid but so many bugs it doesn't feel right here is a list of my bugs

1. cant select an app in app drawer with 3d drawer

2. camera has no zoom it shows im zoomed in to x4 but wont show

3. cant download facebook update

4. clunky non 3d app drawer

dancedroid:icon_ banana:

I agree. The facebook update issue is easily resolved though but you need to remove the current one first.

Reaction score
All four of those issues can be fixed.

1. Use a non 3d app drawer (launcherpro has a setting for that)
2. Camera can be fixed by pulling the camera.apk from the cm 6.0rc4 rom and removing the one in ud, then reboot, then install it, then reboot.
3. Facebook can be solved by just removing it from the system app and redownloading from the market.
4. Refer to #1 for the solution

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
For me after tinkering with the various settings in the camera: as far as getting the zoom to work, open thr camera, see what "focus" mode it is set to, by it will probably be set on the "auto focus" setting, turn off the focus setting, try if ur zoom now works? if not, with the focus mode set to off take a picture, now check to see if your zoom works? Thats what fixed my zoom, it seems to only work when the focus mode is set to off, another thing I noticed to right away my camera does not "freak out" as long as the focus mode is set to off...

donerico

Reaction score
For me after tinkering with the various settings in the camera: as far as getting the zoom to work, open thr camera, see what "focus" mode it is set to, by it will probably be set on the "auto focus" setting, turn off the focus setting, try if ur zoom now works? if not, with the focus mode set to off take a picture, now check to see if your zoom works? Thats what fixed my zoom, it seems to only work when the focus mode is set to off, another thing I noticed to right away my camera does not "freak out" as long as the focus mode is set to off...
Hopefully BD will include the latest camera from cyanogen in the UD 2.0 update, the one on the last nightly (191) appears to have all the bugs fixed and has made some of the new features (that some people complain about) optional.

jaws0813

Reaction score
is anyone else having issues with there keyboard back light not working?

rompage

Reaction score
Someone made a great point in another thread about zoom. All it does is crop, so why not just crop after you take the picture.

doublea500

Reaction score
to get rid of the camera bug just take a picture and then itll be fixed (unfortunately not a permanent fix)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone made a great point in another thread about zoom. All it does is crop, so why not just crop after you take the picture.
I just wanted to say - :welcome: - I used to live in Hagerstown, MD and would go to Frederick every now and then, this was at least 15 years ago - anyways...hope you enjoy your time on the Forum