Trying to get the most out of Battery - - ATK

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
(after I took my phone into Verizon and the worker there just said "sorry, that's how Droids are....install Advanced Task Killer).

Biggest pile of crap I hear everytime I goto a verizon store. This is not how droids are. I never use one and get 16+ hours everyday. Easily. Shouldn't have to worry about killing task constantly. I bet every clerk that says that had a BB for their android.

Sent from my Droid

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
(after I took my phone into Verizon and the worker there just said "sorry, that's how Droids are....install Advanced Task Killer).

Biggest pile of crap I hear everytime I goto a verizon store. This is not how droids are. I never use one and get 16+ hours everyday. Easily. Shouldn't have to worry about killing task constantly. I bet every clerk that says that had a BB for their android.

Sent from my Droid

Can you look at my posts and explain to me what I'm doing wrong that I'm not getting 16+ hours???

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
10 hours unplugged-4.5 hours of "screen-on" time and my 2800Mah battery is at 3807 MV which in percentages is about 65-70%

An extended battery from Seidio is about forty dollars, one of the best purchases I made for my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My first suggestion would be to get an app called juicedefender free. It is a passive app that turns 3g off when the screen is off so that apps like facebook twitter and gmail don't constantly try to access the network. In addition it has settings to turn data off altogether at certain times of the day. I was experiencing the same problem before I got juice defender and now my batt life is almost 2x as long (it actually shows you how much it is saving). Also I would be weary of the fb app as they admitted to having a problem in their code that would not let the phone go to sleep after screen off (pardon me if I am mis representing the issue) and I don't know if it ever got totally fixed. Good luck!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jeebz88;790773[B said:
]Run the battery down all the way (until it dies) and charge it back up completely. Do this every day for the next week, and if your battery life isn't better, take it to VZW[/B]. Every complex electronic device I've had for the past three years has had horrible battery life for at least the first week. I got my D2 the day after launch, and it will now last through two days of moderate use. The first week, I was lucky to get 6 hours if I did more than txt.

This information is so incorrect and so wrong if it wasn't an abuse of power I'd ban you.

Seriously, you absolutely have no idea how a lithium battery works. Total nonsense.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jeebz88;790773[B said:
]Run the battery down all the way (until it dies) and charge it back up completely. Do this every day for the next week, and if your battery life isn't better, take it to VZW[/B]. Every complex electronic device I've had for the past three years has had horrible battery life for at least the first week. I got my D2 the day after launch, and it will now last through two days of moderate use. The first week, I was lucky to get 6 hours if I did more than txt.

This information is so incorrect and so wrong if it wasn't an abuse of power I'd ban you.

Seriously, you absolutely have no idea how a lithium battery works. Total nonsense.

man hook i hope were not handing out bans for incorrect info these days :icon_ banana:

but heres something to go along with that.

Charging lithium-ion batteries - MP3 Player FAQ - abi>>forums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jeebz88;790773[B said:

man hook i hope were not handing out bans for incorrect info these days :icon_ banana:

but heres something to go along with that.

Charging lithium-ion batteries - MP3 Player FAQ - abi>>forums

lol, no I would never do that. If that was the case I would have to ban my own self.

Nobody is perfect but the proliferation of that battery myth does get under my skin a bit. thanks for the link.