Trying to get the most out of Battery - - ATK

want a droid

Reaction score
So I got my droid like a week ago and I'm still trying to get the most out of my battery life. I started using Advanced Task Killer but then read that it actually doesn't help so I stopped using it. When I'm not using it my battery is down to 20% after a little over 5 hours. All I do is facebook text and some web browsing. I keep my screen brightness on the lowest (off) and I still have horrible battery life.

So I started using ATK again and I'll kill all applications but text messaging but then I'll go into it again after like 2 mins and there are a whole bunch of apps open running that I never even opened.

What am I supposed to do? I tried to delete apps like Social Networking but I can't even delete them.

I'm using a Droid 2 btw.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
A few pointers I can give you. make sure your GPS, wifi, bluetooth, and background data is turned off when your not useing them.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
and read link 7 in my sig
Basically you're saying not to use it, but like I stated when I'm not using it my battery is down to 20% after 5 hours.

All I do is txt fb and light browsing....screen brightness on lowest (off)...wifi off gps off etc...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Task killers will not help your battery. Buy an extra battery. You will just end up getting frustrated and your d2 will start performing slower using a task killer.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Task killers will not help your battery. Buy an extra battery. You will just end up getting frustrated and your d2 will start performing slower using a task killer.
Why should I have to buy another battery? Is something wrong with mine that it only lasts less than 6 hours? I have to be doing something wrong I just need to know what.

Jeebz88

Reaction score
Run the battery down all the way (until it dies) and charge it back up completely. Do this every day for the next week, and if your battery life isn't better, take it to VZW. Every complex electronic device I've had for the past three years has had horrible battery life for at least the first week. I got my D2 the day after launch, and it will now last through two days of moderate use. The first week, I was lucky to get 6 hours if I did more than txt.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Seidio 2800mah and still need to charge my battery every night, I have "screen on" times of six to eight hours on most days.

Before the extended battery my phone wouldn't last past 2:00 in the afternoon.

My Outlook on Task Killers is the same as that of the General Consensus of the Forum...a waste of time, memory, and battery

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Run the battery down all the way (until it dies) and charge it back up completely. Do this every day for the next week, and if your battery life isn't better, take it to VZW. Every complex electronic device I've had for the past three years has had horrible battery life for at least the first week. I got my D2 the day after launch, and it will now last through two days of moderate use. The first week, I was lucky to get 6 hours if I did more than txt.
That's what I'm hoping. I've read and heard that the battery gets better over time but I wasn't sure. I've depleted it completely and let it charge full twice so far. I'll keep doing that for a while and see what happens.

ilvgsus42

Reaction score
Hey there :) I'm totally having the same problems...except my battery life seems even worse. I will fully charge it throughout the night (w/ phone turned off) then turn it on fully charged around 7:30am. By 11am it's completely dead. I'm not even using it except to check texts & emails. I have settings lowest but no help. I called Verizon and they're sending me out a new battery (for free) but I feel the same way..I must be doing something wrong. I had installed the Task Killer (after I took my phone into Verizon and the worker there just said "sorry, that's how Droids are....install Advanced Task Killer). Didn't help. & from reading the messages above, maybe I shouldn't use it at all. I'm gonna take this advice:

Run the battery down all the way (until it dies) and charge it back up completely. Do this every day for the next week, and if your battery life isn't better, take it to VZW.

We'll see how it works!

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
At 50% after 4 hrs 40 mins 31 seconds since unplugged.

Display 44% - - 49 mins 13 secs
Voice Calls 10% - - 3 mins 29 seconds
Phone Idle 9%
Android System 8%
Cell Standby 8%
com.motorola.contacts.data 6%
Android OS 5%
Text Messaging 4% - - 3 mins 27 secs
com.motorola.home 3%
Gmail 2% - - 1 min 14 secs

Why is my battery so low already???

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Phone Idle 9%
Android System 8%
Cell Standby 8%
Android OS 5%
com.motorola.home 3%

try turning down your display

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score

Phone Idle 9%
Android System 8%
Cell Standby 8%
Android OS 5%
com.motorola.home 3%

try turning down your display