Trying to force OTA on Razr & noticed something

OutInTheSticks

Reaction score
I had been trying to force the OTA by going into the Applications, force-stopping Google Services Framework, clearing the data and then performing an check for the update. Thus far, I've probably tried 30-40 times without any success. 4G/3G/wifi - individually or in combination - none have triggered it.

I noticed something though, after reading a few other posts. It looks like I have different versions on the framework and the droid version.

If I go to Menu/Applications/Manage/All and look for Google Services Framework, it shows version 2.3.7 in there.

If I go to About Phone (menu/About Phone), here's what is showing there:
System version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.6

I show a build date of Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:33:02 CST.

I was under the impression that the Android version and the Google Services Framework versions would be the same. Do I have something out of whack on my Razr?

Then the magic question - how are they deciding who ICS is rolled to? Is it by build date? Does it have a preference of 3g/4g/Wifi?

Scott0719

Reaction score
Well if you do then I do also. My Google Services Framework says 2.3.7 and my android version is 2.3.6. Lets see if anyone else says the same thing.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
I had been trying to force the OTA by going into the Applications, force-stopping Google Services Framework, clearing the data and then performing an check for the update. Thus far, I've probably tried 30-40 times without any success. 4G/3G/wifi - individually or in combination - none have triggered it.

I noticed something though, after reading a few other posts. It looks like I have different versions on the framework and the droid version.

If I go to Menu/Applications/Manage/All and look for Google Services Framework, it shows version 2.3.7 in there.

If I go to About Phone (menu/About Phone), here's what is showing there:
System version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.6

I show a build date of Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:33:02 CST.

I was under the impression that the Android version and the Google Services Framework versions would be the same. Do I have something out of whack on my Razr?

Then the magic question - how are they deciding who ICS is rolled to? Is it by build date? Does it have a preference of 3g/4g/Wifi?

It is completely random. Turn on your update notifications and be patient. Aparently your ICS is not frozen yet.