trying to flash to clockworkmod.

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by sv7007, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sv7007

sv7007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i got to flash to clockword mod recovery it says. unable to contact server, please make sure you have a stable internet connection.

now i have a stable connection so wtf is up with that?

2. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here are a few things I would try to do if trouble shooting: 1) open your browser and have an active page open so that you already have an open connection and then try. If that fails: 2) Sometimes with apps when it tries to connect and fails it gets stuck in a loop thinking it cant connect when it actually can, That being said reboot your phone do #1 and then open the app and try again. Sometimes reboot will fix a problem because it gets a fresh start. You might be able to find clockwork and do it the manual way but I unfortunately dont have a link to that.

3. sv7007

sv7007 Member

Ratings:
    +0

thanks for the help. i got it working. but now when i try to download the newest ud version it starts downloading but when it gets to the kernal to download i get an error and i am not sure why.

4. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    sv7007, I am having the same issue. I've been posting in a few different places to try and find an answer to no avail. Every time I try to download a kernel I get a ROM Manager Download Error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked.
    I was in the Hacking FAQs about the ROM Manager and they said that this might be dev issue for the links to the kernels.

5. mightym

mightym Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so should i just not try to install a rom from rom manager for now? I'm rooted via DMupdater.

I'm a little scared it wont work with the dev issues we have right now using rom manager.

#5 mightym, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  6. itsfriggenme

itsfriggenme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As much as everyone is tweaking the rom manager and different aspects of their rom's.I wouldn't be that worried about it yet...go to op n manually down load. Stuff I'm sure is gonna be buggy for a while as this is all open waters for the devs.

Also make sure u do your
    Always good to reset your PRL.
    preferred roaming list for your phone...

7. sv7007

sv7007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i finally got mine to work. of course i finally conected through wifi after i rebooted my phone. but then my phone had problems trying to download the kernals until i used the new cusomizer to get the kernal. i then proceeded to install the whole ultimate droid8.1.1 or whatever the newest version is and it finally worked. and i am freaking happy with it. :)

8. upsman92

upsman92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I fixed this issue with not connecting by hitting the menu button in ROM manager and there was an empty cache choice. I hit it and rebooted and everything seemed to work fine after that.

9. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearing Cache, Reboot Phone and try again worked for me as well.

Search tags for this page

cwm for lg ally