1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trying to fix OTA 2.1 issue.. need help with terminal command

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jllaugh, May 10, 2010.

1. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Been doing reading on this for a long time and I just can't figure out the right command. I can't use root file manager, it's just stuck on authorizing.

So basically, I am trying to copy the recommended otacerts.zip to the system/etc/security folder..

I'm using
    > su
    > cp /sdcard/download/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security

It's telling me that the file exists, which I know of course. I don't know how to force the overwrite.. one thing I tried to do was simply delete the file, but it's read only and I'm not sure how to modify a file's permissions through the terminal.

Really looking forward to getting this fixed, so your help is appreciated!dancedroid
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

You were on SG right? It's not the file that's read only, it's the whole system. Possibly try these commands through adb or terminal,

sysrw
    cd /system/etc/security
    rm otacerts.zip
    cd /
    cp /sdcard/download/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security
    sync
    sysro
  3. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Yes, I am running on SG.. forgot to mention. Those commands worked perfectly, thanks so much. Problem solved!dancedroid
  4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Did it work completely for you? I think I forgot a step, you may have to change the permissions of your new otacerts.zip file as well so it can execute it.