trying to figure out root

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Trying to root my Nexus with Wugs. I'm on his website looking thru all instruction and decriptions, etc. What "drivers" are they referring yo and where can I find them? Also it seems his toolkit is a one stop shop for everything from backing-up to rooting. Am I correct?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Doesn't wugs have the option to install the drivers automatically for you? 1.6.3 does. And yes it is a one stop shop. Its awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
shaynesgnex

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I dunno. That's kinda what I was wondering with the drivers. It is something I had to do separate or does the toolkit do it all. Just trying to cover all bases before I go thru with it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
iirc, wugs has the capability of installing the drivers for you.

The drivers that it is referring to is adb drivers. Depending on what OS you're using on your computer, it may install automatically during the initial plugin of your nexus

Edit: yes it does install drivers for you. It's the biggest button unless they updated from the version I have

Last edited:
OP
shaynesgnex

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I downloaded the kit and it installed a ton of stuff on the pc. I have W7 and have had my phone plugged in before to transfer media, etc. and as far as I know nothing ever installed. I'm guessing the kit Just did that for me. And if I'm reading right this kit prepares backups prior to root/unlock.

Edit: got everything set up and ready pc and backup wise....will probably have more questions when I go all in later today.

Last edited: