Trying to convert to OS 893 via OTA update

sasilverman

Reaction score
My verizon Bionic is using version 893 - but I heard that version 901 has been released. How come my phone is telling me that no further updates are available right now? Can anyone help?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

A bit about OTA updates.

First they are RANDOM; so random that if you bought 2 Bionics at the same time, one could get the update long before the other.

Second is that they are mandatory (unless you're rooted and can get around it). When you see a notification to download (or install) and decline, it'll ask again in an hour.

Third is that they can arrive in the background. What you'd see is a question on if you want to install it (rather than download and install).

And finally, when you check for an update, you are pinging the carrier, who checks to see if you're scheduled to receive it. If you are, then you'll get notice that an update is available to download. This means that if you're scheduled to get the update on, say, January 25 at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "up to date" until then despite the fact that others on this forum had been getting it since the 16th.

Now about the .901 update; it only went to a couple dozen people. It was captured. so if you want it install it manually, there are several threads on where to get it and how to install it.