Trying to come off of 1.0 but can't

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Jim 777, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I tried 1.0 from the ROM Manager and it was just a bit too clunky and FC's started up. So, since I did a back up just before trying it, I restored back to rooted stock ROM which has been running flawlessly, but the first thing I notice is that the Rumm boot logo is still there and not the M logo.

Once it loaded up, it seems to be back to normal but there's serious issues now. The most irritating is the launcher will freeze then the screen goes black. Hitting the power button seems to only dimly light the background but nothing works to get things to show up. Emails, texts, LED all come in and turn on, but nothing for the screen until I battery pull.

So, what's going on? I thought a restore put all files from that back up back in place.

I knew I should have stuck with the stock ROM.

Thanks for any help!

2. HelpeRX

HelpeRX Member

Ratings:
    +0

Lol you have to do a SBF to compeletely go back to stock. If you do not wish to do all this work well this is a great tip (a shortcut) quick solution install Rummys newest rom Liberty which is the best rom for the DX for now and famous the latter a fact. This will replace all those files and change everything. This is not a solution but a shortcut. If you do not want roms you have to sbf and if you do not want to then you will have to find the moto logo and replace it using bootstrap. PM if you have questions I will be able to solve everything for you =D. I do seem to know what the problem is I believe you do not have a laucher anymore like the rom replaced it and when you went back it was not able to restore it. You can try installed another laucher I do not know how you will be able to assess the market but you could try to put in the sd card a launcher apk and then try to open a file-manager somehow and install it maybe?

liberty rom download link here: http://bit.ly/gCbL4F.

#2 HelpeRX, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. andylulzyou

andylulzyou Member

Ratings:
    +0