Trying to Change Icons

phil72

Reaction score
I watched a clip on how to vhange your theme as well as icons, I downloaded the launcher it says to and everything but I either get my pages emptied and icons all in one section or nothing happens!?
I want to just take baby steps for now before I decide to get my phone rooted if I even do I guess, so I downloaded the neon blue & ice cream sandwich icon packs. I want to change my phone icon, text, music just a few to start till I get the hang of things I consider myself pretty good at this stuff as I've jailbroke plenty of ipods & iPhone's over the year's but this has me frustrated! :)
Any info would be great to get me on track again, I'm going to do more research before I screw around much more.
As well I was curious can you move music & pics from your phone to your sd card easy enough, I plan on getting a 32gb card in the near future I've got 9-10gb still on the phone but want to keep my tunes and pics on the micro sd card. Just wondering if its possible or when saving the file you need to choose then, no biggie I'm a little way from that yet one hurtle at a time! Thanks guys & girls.

The phone is s Galaxy S3.

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
I have Touch Wiz Launcher and Launcher X free? I think it's called that, I downloaded it because when I tried to change my phone icon to neon blue it said I needed the launcher, I tried with Touch Wiz and all my icons just went into one folder and background changed and a few icons that stayed on my home page but got frustrated there and fixed it back how it was and haven't tried since!lol. I know I'm just missing something simple and obvious but I'm VERY new to android phones like 3 weeks all I ever used before was iPhone for about 4 years so this all new but I'm a quick learner and I love this phone and the Android OS way better then iphone wish i'd switched long ago anyway i usually keep going till I figure it out just need a little guidance!:). Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I have Touch Wiz Launcher and Launcher X free? I think it's called that, I downloaded it because when I tried to change my phone icon to neon blue it said I needed the launcher

If you made a widget & have it on the screen, press the settings button in the lower right of the widget. It'll take you to a screen where you can select your icon pack.

If you're just looking to change icons, look at Apex or Nova launcher on the Play Store. Much easier than Launch-X, imo

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
Ok thanks i'll try it again as I deleted launch x and the other, then loaded Nova and it did the whole theme thing again but I didn't know about settings in the right corners for icons. I have icecream sandwich & neon blue icon packs, I wanted to change the phone, text, and a couple other icons for sure not fond of the squares with the actual icon inside I like it to be just the phone receiver just as the phone icon etc. Anyways i'll try it out and play around a bit more see what I can figure out, thanks.