1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

trying to change boot animation without internet connection

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by IronFox, Jan 26, 2010.

1. IronFox

IronFox New Member

All I want to do is change to the nexus boot animation. I downloaded the android sdk through my phone and installed it on my windows computer. It tries to update when started and won't due to no internet, but won't let me access the phone due to no drivers. So can anyone post thoes drivers or is there some other way to change the boot animation?
  2. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

adb isn't needed to change it. open the terminal (on your Droid) and put in this:

su

dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/data/local/bootanimation.zip

just put the boot animation you want on the sdcard before you start. It doesn't matter what it is named on the sdcard. you could name it nexus.zip and just swap out nexus.zip for bootanimation.zip in the if= part of the command, but the of= part always has to say bootanimation.zip. Works good if you have multiple boots you like to switch between.
  3. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Here are the two drivers from Motorola for the 32bit or 64bit windows if you still need them.

Attached Files:

4. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

when you open up sdk with the sdksetup.exe it will look for current drivers but that is not needed. As stated above you dont need adb but it would be a good thing to get running. So what you wanna do is download the neccessary driver attached above and install it on your computer. Next, open command prompt and cd to the directory where your tools are located. (eg. mine is C:\android\tools> but I think the stock folder is /android-sdk-windows/tools) once you are cd'd to your tools directory type adb and hit enter to see if it all worked (should give a big list of commands). If that happened then your all set. What I do is place the bootanimation.zip (needs to be named this) file into your tools folder then in command prompt just type this:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

That should do it.
  5. IronFox

IronFox New Member

Permission denied
  6. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

Is your phone set to USB debugging and allow installation of unknown sources??
Search tags for this page
adb push permission denied boot animation
android connection animation

mototools 6.2 no internet connection

mototools 6.2 says no internet connection

mototools no internet connection

mototools no internet connection problem