Trying to buy MyLock.......terms of service message

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by razingkane, Sep 5, 2010.

1. razingkane

razingkane New Member

I'm trying to buy the MyLock Plus(donor froyo beta)$1.99 from the Market. When I click on Buy a message pops saying You Must Accept Checkout Terms of Service Before Purchase. I can't figure out where this Terms of Service is to accept. I've looked in the shopping settings and where I setup the Goggle shopping account.

Where is the terms of service and how do I accept it to make my purchase?

Droid2
  2. razingkane

razingkane New Member

WOW! 166 views and no replies. I contacted the app author and he's never seen this either. My bank account shows a $1.00 deduction even though the app is $1.99. I think I'll post in Google Checkout forum. Maybe someone there has something.

It's all just very weird ..............:icon_eek:
  3. razingkane

razingkane New Member

Well just for the hell of it I tried to download the app again. This time I got the Terms of Service message but then it took me to a new page. It was a Google checkout page with the Checkout Terms of Service. I checked the box and low and behold the download fired off.

I have no idea what the difference is between then and now, but whatever it was it fixed itself. I paid my $1.99 and now I have myLock......Which by the way it works great.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Big fan of MyLock
  5. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

Didnt know the answer, or id of replied...
  6. alandjanclark

alandjanclark New Member

Solution to Agree to Terms of Service

I was having the same problem with any app I tried to buy. The problem was how I was holding the phone. I prefer the keyboard, so I was holding the phone in landscape, rather than picture position. If in landscape, and in Market, the phone will not scroll down to the area that allows you to Agree to Service. I next tried the phone, holding it in picture position. I saw the entire screen, checked off Agree, and everything worked fine.
  7. lizard

lizard New Member

Don't forget about the dollar charge to your account. How many other people has that happened to. If you don't get that dollar back you were just stolen from, via the Market.