Trying My First -From Source ROM-

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DF Smod, Aug 18, 2010.

1. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    As most know it is easy to get antsy while waiting for a new release, so to ease my own suffering today I plan on trying out my first From Source ROM, I have heard it said that once you try a Source ROM you never go back, I guess I will have to test that theory.

I have SS 4.7 and Sapphire 1.0 loaded on my SD card and of course a plethora of kernels and themes, I will keep you posted on my initial thoughts.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO I think Sapphire and UltimateDroid are on top as far as professionalism and smoothness. However UD keeps putting out updates that blow my mind. I suggest you wipe and try out the newest UD7 from BlackDroidMod.com because this new one is packed with goodies.

3. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    +1 sapphire
    Ill never use anything else

4. modified

modified Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally alternate between BB 0.4 and UD6 (now UD7). Both are excellent but I in my humble opinion UD is better now. After all, BB 0.4 came out ages ago!

SS and LithiumMod are decent as well. However I do not find them on par with UD and BB.

5. pauljohnson75

pauljohnson75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried Sapphire and Lithium Mod. Sapphire seemed to lag no matter what Kernel I used, I liked the features but hated the lag. The soft keyboard delay was the worst. Lithium is awesome same speed as BB most of the features and have had no issues at all. Still I can't wait for BB 0.5.

6. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    I loaded up SS 4.7 and so far, so good, of course I will have to pull the framework-res later and place my .png's inside (some things are hard to change) but overall it is nice and smooth

I do have one question for all of the ROM Hoppers out there, I used titanium and was able to successfully restore all of my data/apps...I was hoping to be able to restore system/apps I had themed also but I didn't see this as an option, I am used to doing it the old school way, so of course I made a copy of my system/app folder before loading SS and just used terminal to push all of my themed system.apk's back where they should be.

My question is...are my missing something in titanium, where I can restore apps to the system