trying clean sdcard, do you know if these folders can be deleted?

cisco0910

Reaction score
I have 1.9 g available on my card. I have maybe 200 songs that's it so I wanna delete some folders to clear some space cause I obviously have stuff I don't need. You guys know if I can delete these folders?

Nandroid (the obvious is no but astro says folder is 7.9G?!)
Albumthumbs
Blackblack
Froogloid
Hyperdevbox
Lost.Dir
Svox
Twc-cache

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All except the Lost.dir.

Thats put there by Android. The rest are from/for apps. It may require them to be reinstalled, but OS wise you are fine.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
LOST.DIR is something mac disk repair looks for and will ask about as part of it's repair process. If it's related at all to the standard lost+found, then it's a special file that holds all the corrupted or orphaned files found during a file system check.

pyro6128

Reaction score
do you have a ton of nandroid backups? Maybe thats why its so huge. I just backed up today and checked it out and the backup was around 320mb

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I'm not gonna delete lost. What about the rest? Cause again, said nandroid was 7.9G?!?

If your concerned about deleting any of these copy them to you computer before you delete. Then you will have a backup which you can restore if necessary.

Mike

bastosero

Reaction score
Just delete some of your back ups that you don't need from your nandroid folder. If you labeled them correctly, you should know which back ups are the most important ones in there.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Thanks gjuys. I did have a lot of backups! Went from 1.9G avail to about 9G. Imma leave those other folders alone unless you guys know I can delete them. Adynalyn who replied said I can but also said there for apps and I might have to reinstall the apps))s? That don't make sense, why would I want to do that?

driftsucky

Reaction score
I think he was just trying to provide a space solution for you. Other than that, if you delete a program file for any app, the app won't work. That's why you'd have to reinstall.

k1ng617

Reaction score
On the same subject I have what look to be left over files from previously installed, but now uninstalled apps. Can I delete these: com.com2us.HB3DLITEtexture.store, robo_defense_free.bak?

k1ng617

Reaction score
Thanks I ended up swapping out my card and started over pretty much. The card swap was really easy; I only had to move over my 3 or 4 media types: mp3s, videos, my nes/snes roms, and pictures. Everything else seemed to stay in place w/ no negative effects. Cheers Motorola! Cheers Droid!