Truth about Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX1

Reaction score
Read the entire post. :)

I thought I should start a new thread to give what I feel is a real opinion of Justice rom, as there really is a lot of bull****ting going on.

First of all, It is most definitely not fast. Running Nightly 29 from CM7, with the All in One fix for Torch/1%/Camera fix that's supposedly built into Justice(the torch most definitely does not work), I was able to reach a Quadrant of 3250. Of course, I overclocked to 1.3 gHz on a ULV setting, but when I did these same settings in Justice and ran Quadrant, I literally scored a 2432. That was the best I could get from around 8 different runs on Justice, all with the exact same settings as CM7.

CM7 Quadrant:
screenshot1310621440665.png

Justice Quadrant:
screenshot1310832264852.png

Not only this, the phone is more sluggish than CM7 even when it is overclocked. When I ran stock clock speed on a ULV setting in CM7, the phone never hung on anything. With a 1.15 OC on ULV in Justice, just opening my app drawer causes a brief hiccup. Loading the camera from the button? Back to 2.2 days with a good 2-4 second delay..

Second, nothing has changed. The best part of Justice is the wallpaper selection. They added "Justice Settings" which is just Liberty Toolbox Settings with a totally hip name. They removed Cyanogenmod Settings and "spread them out" throughout the settings menu. Cool right?

No. If it's based off of CM7, then don't delete half of the customizations that only CM7 brings. What's the point of a CM7 source if you're trying to make it just like the older LGB.

I'm happy that you guys made the switch to a CM7 base. I'm glad this is only .1. I'm angry I made the personal decision to go back to Team Liberty so fast from CM7. Now that I'm here though, I'll be waiting for the updates.

Last edited:

DoomSabbath

Reaction score
I agree with your statements. CM7's bench score is definitely higher when I overclocked both and ran both roms. The Justice settings are almost a clone of the CM7 settings.

However, I would keep following Justice. Since it is only V0.1, I would hope to see this rom branch away from CM7 and become something better.

OP
G

GTX1

Reaction score
I agree with your statements. CM7's bench score is definitely higher when I overclocked both and ran both roms. The Justice settings are almost a clone of the CM7 settings.

However, I would keep following Justice. Since it is only V0.1, I would hope to see this rom branch away from CM7 and become something better.

I know Quadrant is an unreliable way to judge performance, but this is directly relating to the whole ROM. Honestly, the ROM runs like a piece of trash. The Justice settings are only a clone of CM7 in a way that they include them, which I wish they included all of them because that is what makes CM7 great, the options.

I am sticking onto Justice, if you actually read my whole post. But I feel ya. ;)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the Quadrant score. I was expecting alot higher. I got a 1950 stock and 2347 overclocked to 1.3GHz. I was expecting more even though I know Quadrant scores aren't everything.

Liberty Justice

DoomSabbath

Reaction score

I know Quadrant is an unreliable way to judge performance, but this is directly relating to the whole ROM. Honestly, the ROM runs like a piece of trash. The Justice settings are only a clone of CM7 in a way that they include them, which I wish they included all of them because that is what makes CM7 great, the options.

I am sticking onto Justice, if you actually read my whole post. But I feel ya. ;)

You are a better man than me lol. I am sticking to CM7.
I used CF-Bench (a "more reliable" bench app) to test the roms, the score came up about the same as Quadrant. I just like CM7 a lot more for the size of the developer community.

DoomSabbath

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the Quadrant score. I was expecting alot higher. I got a 1950 stock and 2347 overclocked to 1.3GHz. I was expecting more even though I know Quadrant scores aren't everything.

Liberty Justice

Those numbers are pretty much the same as LGB bench scores. Disappointing indeed.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Liberty Justice

Those numbers are pretty much the same as LGB bench scores. Disappointing indeed.

They are a little faster. I was getting high 1600's stock with LGB.

BTW, I use Droid Light by Motorola and that works.

Liberty Justice

OP
G

GTX1

Reaction score

You are a better man than me lol. I am sticking to CM7.
I used CF-Bench (a "more reliable" bench app) to test the roms, the score came up about the same as Quadrant. I just like CM7 a lot more for the size of the developer community.

Hahaha, well CM7 is the better choice as of right now. Justice would probably not have gotten this post at all if it included the Multi-Touch Keyboard(2.3), that was always my most loved part of Liberty. The AOSP keyboard in my opinion is way too tiny. The keyboard really is why I'm staying on Justice and waiting for the next update. If they don't include the Multi-Touch in the next couple updates, I'll re-flash CM7.

leonozug

Reaction score
Your CM7 getting over 3000 in the quadrant isn't worth nothing if I'm on Justice getting good battery life, and your phone has a dead battery trying to push 1,3Mhz. Quadrant sores aren't everything. I'd rather have a Rom running that gets through twenty hours of battery life, than one with ten to twelve running ridiculous quadrant scores. The whole "My quadrant score is higher than yours" thing is silly and childish to me personally. Kind of like "My Dad can beat up your Dad" kind of mentality. lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quadrant scores mean nothing to me. They have no real world applications. Just bragging rights. I agree with you bro

Droid 2-cyanogenmod 7

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, as of right now, my phone has gone from 100% battery to 60% in 2 hours... not what I was hoping for. I wasn't expecting the same battery life I got with any of the other .596 based ROM's but I was hoping for better than this. I'll give it a few days

Liberty Justice

OP
G

GTX1

Reaction score
Your CM7 getting over 3000 in the quadrant isn't worth nothing if I'm on Justice getting good battery life, and your phone has a dead battery trying to push 1,3Mhz. Quadrant sores aren't everything. I'd rather have a Rom running that gets through twenty hours of battery life, than one with ten to twelve running ridiculous quadrant scores. The whole "My quadrant score is higher than yours" thing is silly and childish to me personally. Kind of like "My Dad can beat up your Dad" kind of mentality. lol

I agree with you. Read my post, the topic, everything. I get that it wont work perfectly on every phone every time, this is not that case. The scores only reinforce what I actually am getting from the ROM. The battery has nothing to do with the performance of the phone, unless you're on reserve power, as I can take my battery out and run my phone off of the AC adapter.

LGB and CM7 never hung on the app drawer, never force closed from Liberty Toolbox, never rebooted from me plugging it into my computer, and never ever force closed from Quadrant during a benchmark. A lot of silly bugs that I know will get worked out, and hopefully the performance will see a jump from it. I am getting great battery life, something I never complained about even in CM7 as well as Justice. If you actually read my post you will understand that I use my phone on a 1.0 gHz ULV setting, and I'm only testing the phone with these high clock speeds.

The scores lie, but aside from handing my phone to him, how else is a developer supposed to gather information about performance and spot areas to work on.

Last edited:

leonozug

Reaction score
Quadrant scores mean nothing to me. They have no real world applications. Just bragging rights. I agree with you bro

Droid 2-cyanogenmod 7

Thanks man. Not that I'm getting 20 hours of battery myself though! lol
I wiped battery stats on a 100 charge last night and drained it to 2%. Seems to be getting decent life so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. lol

leonozug

Reaction score

I agree with you. Read my post, the topic, everything. I get that it wont work perfectly on every phone every time, this is not that case. The scores only reinforce what I actually am getting from the ROM. The battery has nothing to do with the performance of the phone, unless you're on reserve power, as I can take my battery out and run my phone off of the AC adapter.

LGB never hung on the app drawer, never force closed from Liberty Toolbox, never rebooted from me plugging it into my computer, and never ever force closed from Quadrant during a benchmark. A lot of silly bugs that I know will get worked out, and hopefully the performance will see a jump from it. I am getting great battery life, something I never complained about even in CM7 as well as Justice. If you actually read my post you will understand that I use my phone on a 1.0 gHz ULV setting, and I'm only testing the phone with these high clock speeds.

The scores lie, but aside from handing my phone to him, how else is a developer supposed to gather information about performance and spot areas to work on.

Fair enough man, I get where you're coming from. Every rom reacts differently to every phone it seems. I did a total wipe of everything I possibly could when I installed Justice, and got some reboots and freezes, ran fix permissions and it seems better now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 random reboots since yesterday and one semi bootloop.

Liberty Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.