Truncating SMS Messages received from ATT iPhone Senders

ewroselle

Reaction score
When I receive a long SMS msg from someone using an iPhone, my Revolution just recieves the first 160 characters. My old Droid would split the message and send 2 separate messages so I would get the whole thing. I haven't found this to be an issue with messages sent from any other phone types or carriers. Any suggestions? Is there a setting I need to enable/disable? It's pretty annoying to have to ask people to resend their message in a shortened form....

savageseas

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Used handcent app with my old moto droid but now that's not on the market. ;( Can't find a setting for it in the stock app.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
When I receive a long SMS msg from someone using an iPhone, my Revolution just recieves the first 160 characters. My old Droid would split the message and send 2 separate messages so I would get the whole thing. I haven't found this to be an issue with messages sent from any other phone types or carriers. Any suggestions? Is there a setting I need to enable/disable? It's pretty annoying to have to ask people to resend their message in a shortened form....

What text messaging app are you using?

OP
E

ewroselle

Reaction score
The standard one that comes on the Verizon LG Revolution. Sorry I'm not up to speed on my techie speak.