True Universal Search

naman919

Reaction score
If this has been posted before let me know.

Is there True universal search on the droid?

Meaning when you search a contact name, for example, then it will bring up messages (email/sms/mms) from that contact and not just the contact.

I can't seem to figure this out. Maybe it's through an app or another search feature i am missing. Ideas? TIA.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
seriously? no replies? :icon_eek:

If confused, here's what i mean.

Try to search your Droid in a manner that will bring up any texts/emails/messages all at once containing said search term. The search term could be anything.

? I'm not running a stock ROM so maybe the mods are breaking this feature.

What do you think? Or what am i missing?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I don't know anyway to do that. If there is one I've never seen it.

lterry913

Reaction score
gesture search app will look up multiple items in phone containing letters you gesture on page, then tap contact or item you want and the contact should have an option bar to cal message email etc.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
No, I don't know anyway to do that. If there is one I've never seen it.

dang. i was afraid that was the truth. oh well. :angry:

gesture search app will look up multiple items in phone containing letters you gesture on page, then tap contact or item you want and the contact should have an option bar to cal message email etc.

naa, that's not what i'm talking about. Thanks for the reply though.

Reread what i posted. I'm looking to search all content on the phone in one place, not contacts.

JGH

Reaction score
Try Power Search on the Market....Gets you all the instances the search term arises in Applications, Calendar, Call Log, Contacts, Email, and Messaging....Much like the Palm OS search...really handy when you don't know where you''ll find something.

GTMan

Reaction score
Finally, a Universal Search that can get me out of my old Palm 755p!! That universal search on the Palm Desktop and Palm OS became a critical part of my business and personal life because after 12 years of using Handspring and Palm devices, I have over 2000 contacts with thousands more names, numbers, and information in my contact files. Thankfully, someone realized the value of the universal search and produced an app for it...and thankfully, you recommended the Power Search app! Thanks for the invaluable tip!

Chagrinite

Reaction score
Just downloaded POWER SEARCH. Does exactly what I wanted plus more. My old CLIE based on PALM OS had over 1000 contacts with phone, address, and most importantly info on all the items I sold to the contact. I used it to remind me of peoples names years after I sold them an item. Funny I can remember what I sold them, but not their name. Now, I search for "chair" and all the people who have bought or sold a chair are listed and most often I can resurrect their name and when I sold that chair. A great app that should be standard on Droids.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
i'll give it shot. haven't been on the forums in a while and just thought about checking this morning. Thanks everyone!

cameronusa

Reaction score
Thanks.. will try power search if I can find it.. thought the Palm's ability to search for a character string was a great feature.. hope this works.. Thanks! Joe Cameron (new user and new to the forum).

cameronusa

Reaction score
OK.. just loaded the "Power Search" and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for.. for me, that was the "missing link" with the DROID... Thanks so much! Joe Cameron