Trouble with vibrate when calling

lehoon

Reaction score
For some reason, when I put the phone on 'vibrate', I don't get a vibrate when I receive texts, incoming calls, or any sort of notifications. It acts as if the phone is on 'silent'. The only way I can be notified being away from my phone is by using ringtones and notification sounds. The vibrate works when I am doing any normal functions such as unlocking my phone or scrolling from screen to screen.

I made sure 'vibrate' in Settings>Sound is on 'always'.

After this problem, I even downloaded an app (Ring Toggle) to access my silence/vibrate/ring more quickly rather than click the side volume button several times. The option allows 'ring and vibrate', which my phone does ring and vibrate when receiving calls, but the 'vibrate only' option still doesn't work.

Can anyone propose something that is going on wrong here?

OP
L

lehoon

Reaction score
Perhaps significant specs:

I updated to 2.2
Advanced Task Killer

pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
Same problem here. Any solutions or am I missing something? I had vibrate for EVERYTHING on 2.1 and now with 2.2..... same issues everyone else is having.

OP
L

lehoon

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store...

You have to go to the App's specific settings. So for Text Messaging for example, open it up, press that "options button" (the one far left on your Droid X, I don't know the formal name), messaging settings, and then check vibrate. Changing your phone's setting through Settings>Sound is not enough.

I hope you read this before you reset your phone