1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trouble with restoring backup

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by IAmTheHuff, Mar 8, 2012.

1. IAmTheHuff

IAmTheHuff Member

Ive made serveral backups using bootstrap however on every single restore i try it always errors out on restoring /system. Ive tried normal restore and advanced restore options both fail at the same spot each time. What am I missing?
  2. Spudmonkey

Spudmonkey New Member

Same here. I used the droid razr utility 1.4 by mattlgroff to root and installed bootstrap. I am able to create backups but cannot restore. I even uninstalled bootstrap and tried safestrap... same issue restoring /system. Ill post if i find a solution.

Anyone know if clockworkmod writes any logs somewhere?

Edit: OTA ICS update to 6.16.211. re-rooted, installed safestrap 2.0, cannot restore a back up in non-safe system. this time error restoring /systemorig!
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. Spudmonkey

Spudmonkey New Member

update: had to do a full wipe and recovery using the blur 6.12.181 stock image. now i am able to restore safestrap backups. I used Mattlgroff's 1.7 utility. [​IMG]