trouble with boot animation

droidxethan

Reaction score
alright im on gingerbread and ive tried to install a few different boot animations and none of them have worked and now my boot animation is a black screen any help would be appreciated

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
alright im on gingerbread and ive tried to install a few different boot animations and none of them have worked and now my boot animation is a black screen any help would be appreciated

Are you on the leak or the OTA?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
How exactly are you installing them? I'm on the new OTA GB and my animation works fine...

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
custom one? i tried flashing some and even putting them in data/local folder and i ended up not having one...i have one right now but its just the droidx eye i wanted the honeycomb one

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Ya it's custom. I'm assuming these are animations that worked for you before? Have you made any changes at all to the files themselves? Also assuming that you're using the proper files, ie flashable vs non flashable... If nothing else, could you upload a couple for me to look at and test?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Just downloaded it direct to the phone, moved it to /data/local, renamed to bootanimation.zip, and rebooted. Worked just fine. Maybe try re-downloading...

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
ok ill try it agian now that my phone is fresh from wiping and such

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
If it still doesn't work, try putting it in /system/media. Rename the one in there (stock) or put a .bak on the end and rename the new one to bootanimation.zip.

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
sweet deal it worked! thank u i think my problem was from flashing and moving stuff around too much ending in not having one haha