Trouble using search outrside my home area.

Reaction score
I was in upstate new york and wanted to look up a store but the search kept pulling up my home location for the search even though I have use my location checked in the settings.

Is there something else I need to be doing or is there a problem with this type of search?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was in upstate new york and wanted to look up a store but the search kept pulling up my home location for the search even though I have use my location checked in the settings.

Is there something else I need to be doing or is there a problem with this type of search?

Not sure if that was a typo but you said that you have it checked, so uncheck it.

OP
W
Reaction score
I thought my location means where I currently am because that is what I would like it to do check the area around my current location.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow I misread that my bad. Did you try turning on your GPS? If it's off then maybe it can't sync with my location.

OP
W
Reaction score
The GPS turns on when it searches and still brings up stores in my home area :(

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try going to maps. Where is it showing your location as?

OP
W
Reaction score
It shows my home location because I am home but yesterday and other times when I am away from home it never seems to refresh the area

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like GPS is having problems getting a fix. Does the GPS icon in the notification bar blink or is it steady? If it's the former, it's trying to get a fix.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you manually turn on your GPS? I had this issue over the weekend, was 300 miles from home, searched and actually got results for somewhere I was a month ago (200 miles from home and 500 from where I was). Went to the power widget to activate GPS and voila found what I needed where I was.