Trouble trying to install CM7 on my DX2 - now can't recover

SammyQ2

Reaction score
Please forgive this old guy for asking dumb questions. I have been trying ti install CM7. Last night I got it to run, but all of my apps, data, etc didn't make it.
Prior to trying to flash CM7 I did a nandroid backup. At least I thought I did. If I use my Win 7 browser I can see the backup file on the phone, but I can't seem to recover it with the phone.

I never was able to load the google app package

I finally SBFed (I think that's what you call going back home) but I am still missing all that stuff. I tried reinstalling the System Recovery app found through here: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers but that doesn't seem to help.

Two questions.

1. Why didn't I get all my old apps and data when I made it to CM7?

2. How do I restore my system back to what was normal?

Here's hoping I don't get flamed to much.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I've noticed two issues with your post.

According to your profile, you're using a DX. Are you using a DX or a DX2? Either way, you've posted in the D2 forum. The D2 and the DX2 are nothing alike.

I'll see about having it moved to the correct forum.

Gonzo79

Reaction score
I belive this is tha x2 teck saport forum and I to have had the same issue with my x2 and cm7 I used titanium back up and had to install all manuely. Then again I'm farly new to this stuff but I think iv got a good idea of what's what. Good luck.

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums