trouble scrobbling .flac files to last.fm

sentientchimp

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had success playing music in lossless flac format over my Droid 1, but one area that I'm still encountering a lot of difficulty in is last.fm scrobbling. I've tried a variety of different music players (stock app, eliot stocker mod, meridian, cubed) and scrobbling apps (official last.fm scrobbler, scrobbledroid, simple last.fm scrobbler).
While I'm playing the song on my phone, last.fm recognizes this and I can see the song displayed as "currently playing" on my profile page. However, once the song is over it disappears instead of remaining an entry on my log. I can scrobble mp3's just fine.
It's an odd problem and I haven't encountered anything similar despite a lot of googling and searching around this forum. Does anyone have a clue what I might be able to do? I'm a die-hard last.fm user and this is really a bummer.

Thanks,
Trevor

apastuszak

Reaction score
It's the Tags

Hello all,

I've had success playing music in lossless flac format over my Droid 1, but one area that I'm still encountering a lot of difficulty in is last.fm scrobbling. I've tried a variety of different music players (stock app, eliot stocker mod, meridian, cubed) and scrobbling apps (official last.fm scrobbler, scrobbledroid, simple last.fm scrobbler).
While I'm playing the song on my phone, last.fm recognizes this and I can see the song displayed as "currently playing" on my profile page. However, once the song is over it disappears instead of remaining an entry on my log. I can scrobble mp3's just fine.
It's an odd problem and I haven't encountered anything similar despite a lot of googling and searching around this forum. Does anyone have a clue what I might be able to do? I'm a die-hard last.fm user and this is really a bummer.

Thanks,
Trevor

FLAC files use VORBIS tags and not ID3 tags. That's probably the problem. Try playing an ogg file on the phone. If those won't scrobble either, it's gotta be the Vorbis tags, since ogg files use those tags also.

OP
sentientchimp

sentientchimp

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'll try and fire up some ogg files when I get home from work. I've discovered that if I set the scrobble percentage to zero, so that the scrobbler makes note of the song the instant it starts playing, it sends the information to last.fm and the site records it correctly. Part of the problem might be that scrobblers have trouble determining the length of flac encoded songs and that setting the percentage at zero eliminates the need to do this.