trouble rooting droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by awaggs2000, Jan 25, 2010.

1. awaggs2000

awaggs2000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay so I've downloaded the update and renamed it update and it says it has a verification fail...so I tryed renaming it update.zip and it gave me a seperate error and still said verification fail...yes I'm running 2.0.1 and I tryed wiping cache and factory reseting the phone.. I even tryed a different sd...and I wiped the sd and had only the update in there and it still didn't work. A folder comes up every time I open the sd tho its called LOST.DIR I don't know if that means anything but I want to install bugless beauty or sholes on my phone

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Might be worth trying another update.zip:

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download droid-superuser_update.zip

3. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    So in the boot menu, it says verification fail? Try deleting the update and re-download it. Watch it download. I had the same problem, for whatever reason my phone only dl a small portion at first. The file I had was 545k where it was supposed to be 10.18mb... but it worked after I made sure it downloaded the full file

4. awaggs2000

awaggs2000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean on your phone? I do it on my computer....and I've tryed multiple update files

5. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Haha oh right, sorry. I did it all on my phone. The update files are the 10.18 correct? Also, I've heard that renaming it to just update on your pc may fix it sinc it may read update.zip.zip on your phone...

6. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like when you first renamed it update without the .zip extension it may have ruined the file. Download HERE and all you need to do is download it (do not rename it) then place it right onto your SDcard, unmount usb, reboot into recovery mode and go from there...

If you need help from there Big Lou has made a noob friendly walk-through. HERE

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  7. awaggs2000

awaggs2000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay dude thanks ill try it when I get home freom skool