Trouble restoring through Titanium back up without receiving sync issues

phatkat66

Reaction score
Ok....long story short..... I always had this stupid sync problem and the icon never disappears. I notice it also kills my battery pretty quick....

I did the factory reset and it goes away but once I restore my apps + data on TB it comes back. The most important thing i need are my text messages. I have way too many on handcent with pictures and numbers I haven't saved yet and I need that data to come back. I tried to just restore handcent on its own but the texts wont come back, then i tried to hand pick which apps/data to NOT restore so the sync problem wont happen but no luck. What happens is either the sync icon comes back or the handcent app comes back but without my texts.

What gives =(

I hear its a "contacts" issue that causes the sync problem, also it might be calendar so I always uncheck them.

Can anyone tell me specifically what to uncheck to stop the sync issues while adding my texts back? Or which to check off just to receive my text history back?

Thank you

Darksthour

Reaction score
The backup for handcent doesn't save your texts. When you go to restore press menu ->batch -> restore all backed up user data and apps. Then unselect all and only check the things in green. I believe your texts are under (sms/mms) something or other. If I wasn't at work I could take the time to figure out exactly what its called. Also you probably need to reboot to get everything to show up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I know I must reboot after restoring back ups, I've been rebooting all day. One restore after another lol I try to just restore one by one so I can figure out which one is the correct one but its either 50 "missing" apps + data restore or 210 "ALL" apps + Data restore. I can't figure out which is which. I don't mind waiting till later for some help ^_^ anything to keep my text but lose that damn icon.

After this i'll need to tackle the missing LED function >_> but that's another thread for another day.

Darksthour

Reaction score
Its the big restore all option. That has a lot of your system settings. Also why you have to deselect all and scroll through and manually select the ones in green not red. Then after that run the smaller one with all your apps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I ment I couldnt figure out which "system data" goes for what. I know how to use tb and which batch does what. Just inside I always thought that with "handcent" came with Handcents data.

I'lll do what you just suggested right now and post up the results.

Restore green field in "all apps and data" first then restore all of "missing apps + data" correct?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
The only thing i see in green that has to do with sms/texts is "Dialer Storage" Is that suppose to be it? I know you said im spose to check all greens but when i check off all the green i get the sync icon again.

Edit: Dialer Storage is all I need to restore for my texts to return. Great ^_^ Thank you!

Last edited: