1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trouble Overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Conechaser, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Conechaser

Conechaser Member

I can't seem to overclock my phone anymore. When I first went to Froyo I could, then when i switched to Team Chaos Rom I couldn't anymore, tried out BB rom and was able to over clock again, but it was to buggy for me w/ random lockups all the time. Went back to Froyo yesterday and now I can't install any kernels to overclock my phone. Doesn't matter which kernel I attempt to install whenever I install it my phone gets stuck @ the motorola logo and i have to pull the battery and reset my phone.
  2. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Did you make a nandroid backup of Froyo when you first had it working, i would restore back to that. then try a different rom
  3. droid420

droid420 New Member

have you done any wipes? Im running TC Froyo and TC RedRum V1.4 P3 Kernal running at 1.2ghz with zero problems, also last night flashed SS and Kangerade last night on the wifes phone both overclocked. switched her phone back to TC Froyo and TC Black Ice she didnt like the other two running great. I would say try it again with a wipe.
  4. Conechaser

Conechaser Member

Yeah, I've done several wipes. I think rom manager is causing some kind of problems w/ my installs. It locks up from time to time and had caused me to have to reformat my sd card so I don't have any b ack ups.
  5. alonsou

alonsou New Member

First, let me say that I'm not trying to hijack this tread at all, but since I'm having the same issue I could probably use some help from here too.

I rooted my phone about 4 days ago (MotoDroid) Using SPRecovery and stock 2.1 ROM from Peteralfonso. I was able to overclock up to 1.2Gz using Milestone/Droid Overclock from Tiago Sousa.
    Then I decided to use a custom ROM and went to BBFroyo V0.1 and that's where I started having issues with the overclocking. I can't go any higher than 800Hz. Last night I decide to give it a try and use Froyo Kangerade V1 from JRummy but still no luck, 800Hz seems to be the max and the overcloking app stopped working and keeps on saying that I must be rooted before using the app. However SetCPU seems to work but still, no higher than 800Hz.

Any ideas anyone?
  6. Conechaser

Conechaser Member

Ok, I think rom manager is the problem. I just installed simply stunning by booting into recovery mode manually (tried to w/ rom manager but it hung up @ the motorola symbol again) and all is working well.
  7. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

It could be corrupted downloads. You can clear the download cache in ROM manager by hitting the menu soft key on the main page. Then try redownloading the kernel when you're sure you have a steady connection. Also, if you're on Froyo, make sure you're getting a Froyo kernel.

@alonsou clear the data for SetCPU (Settings -> Applications -> SetCPU -> Clear data) and then use the SetCPU autodetect device. If an app is telling you it requires root, it should prompt you for it; you can check in the Superuser app what applications have root permissions.