Trouble Installing Themes

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by some noob said, Nov 23, 2010.

1. some noob said

some noob said New Member

Hi, new user here, and I'm getting a kick out of rooting my Motorola Droid and what it brings; I just started last week. I've tried installing a few themes though and none of worked yet. I tried a UD theme (from this thread), but once my phone booted I had no connectivity whatsoever. Then, I tried installing a couple chevyno1 SS themes (from the same thread and also here). However, neither of those have gotten past looping in the boot process.

I am currently running a kernel of chevyno1 2.6.32-lowV-1.1Ghz, and my Build# is FRG22D. After (and before) each attempt at theming, I restore my regular stock image. I've been using SPRecovery to install the themes as an update.zip file. I do have installed setpcu, root explorer, wifi tethering, quick boot, and a small handful of other apps that use rooting.

Is there something I'm missing here? Why are none of these themes working?
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Were you running UD2 when you tried to install the theme for it or Chevy 4.9 when you were trying to install the theme for it?
  3. some noob said

I actually got the new Ultimate Droid 2.1 working by playing with data clearing options in Clockwork Recovery.

It's running great, and I've been having a lot of fun playing with the settings.

Now, I have a new issue: I installed setPCU to attempt overclocking, but UD 2.1 came with another kernel which was only letting me get up to about 500 MHz. UD comes with an overclocking feature, but it maxes out at 800 MHz. I was getting 1100 MHz on the ChevyNo1 kernel. Anyone have experience with overclocking on UD?
  4. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

The 800 comes stock with UD. You have to install another kernel that has a higher clock speed and then adjust the settings.

ROM manager has some nice kernels. My phone prefers P3Droids kernels. Each phone seems to like different ones.
  5. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

You also need to reset the detection in setCPU whenever you install a new kernal or rom that has a kernal built in... so hit auto detect and it will give an accurate reading of the kernal you have... Happy Thanksgiving!
  6. some noob said

Awesome! Got my setCPU working with UD 2.1's default kernel. I'll be working on installing another overclocking kernel after dinner. Thanks everyome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App