Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Reboot into recovery and see if it's stock or Clockwork/SPRecovery. :)

All that did was run a script to keep the bootloader from replacing the custom recovery image (Clockwork/SPRecovery) with the stock image and replaced your SU and Busybox with (at this point probably outdated but still perfectly functional) versions from the time that file was created.

If you boot into recovery and it's not stock then you're golden to start a'flashin'! If not, something went wrong.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
Ok I rebooted into recovery and it was Clockwork. I tried install sapphire.zip from my sd card and still no luck.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
Nothing happened. The same as before. I install it but for some reason it doesn't install. It just keeps everything the same. There's no changes.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
So, you allow update.zip installation (or the equivalent in Clockwork), install update.zip, and the progress bar moves along, finishes, says complete, and when you reboot it just boots into your stock ROM.

Did you wipe 3x before installation?

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
I even just tried installing MIUI instead. But nothing changes. When I first rooted my phone I installed deodexed 2.2.1 with no problem. I guess that's why I don't understand why nothing else will install.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
Yeah that's what happens. No i just wiped once. I can try 3x wipe though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Question: Are you still flashing the original ROM or are you picking the new one every time/deleting it entirely off your SD card before you download the new one? Are you getting it manually or from RM?

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
I've tried both ways. I flash in Rom Manager. Select in Rom Manager install .zip from SD Card. Choose the sapphire or MIUI Rom .zip file. Rom Manager basically takes over the rest in that version. I've also tried to manually boot up into clockwork. Wipe data/cache. Select install .zip from sd card. Navigate to the .zip i want to install. and select then reboot. Neither way works.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you allowing the update.zip install before you install? In SPRecovery if you don't do that it won't install, it just goes through the motions.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
I installed the update.zip you sent me. Then I rebooted. Let the phone boot up. Turned off my phone. Booted it back up in recovery manually. Wiped cache. Factory reset 3 times. Went to install .zip from sd card and selected sapphire. My phone booted up with welcome to droid. factory reset out of the box. no sapphire rom. This what happens and i have the back up to my previous settings so i'm not concerned about getting back. Its just i dont see what i'm doing wrong. The install of the rom is fairly quick. not more than a minute.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The install itself should take about a minute, yeah. However, the boot should take longer than normal.

Okay, let's try it with SPRecovery instead. Get into ROM Manager and flash alternate recovery from the bottom of the screen. You can always flash back later if you want. :)

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
Ok I'm in the middle of restoring my backup. So it'll just take a few minutes to get everything up and running then i'll give it a shot. Do i need to rename my rom? Right now i have it as sapphire.zip so i know which one it is.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
Ok for some reason i am getting E:update.zip install blocked. Installation aborted. in SPRecovery