Trouble installing metamorph and busybox

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kelimandya, Jan 23, 2010.

1. kelimandya

kelimandya New Member

I'm currently having problems installing metamorph and busybox, any help would be greatly appreciated, and in advance in a huge linux noob so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I followed these steps:
    1. Open DroidRootHelper.
    2. Select: "Mount mtdblock3 System read/write
    3. Scoll down and select: "Install and chmod busybox(installs to /system/bin)
    4. Start up Terminal Emulator (It can be found on the marketplace one worked for the droid and one did not, both were named the same).
    5. Type: "su" minus the quotes and Press enter
    6. Type "ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/cp" Minus the quotes. That is Ln not "I"n make sure there is a SPACE between "-s" as well as ".../busybox"
    7. Start up MetaMorph.
    8. Go back to your DroidRootHelper and unmount what you did in step 2
    9. Reboot!

I managed to get complete step 6. Unfortunately on step seven I get the error from metamorph telling me that i either don't have enough room or that busybox isn't installed. I've recieved some mixed signals though, I performed a check for busybox which indicated that it wasn't installed, but when trying to repeat the above steps I can get to line six and it tells me that the file was already installed. Help please :)
Search tags for this page

busybox installation trouble

check busybox installed

metamorph system could not be mounted as rw

metamorph system could not mounted as rw

system could not be mounted as rw metamorph