trouble installing liberty2

keolawills

Reaction score
i had this problem with 1.5 as well, and was unable to flash 1.5, but after wiping data, when i install .zip, it gets stuck on "installing update". has anyone else came across this? ive redownloaded 1.5 over and over, and just redownloaded 2.0 and am going to try again. anybody have any advice?

OP
keolawills

keolawills

Reaction score
when i install it says -
finding update package
opening update package
installing update... thats where it gets stuck.
my understanding is that this isnt an update. others have said when installing it should say -
installing system
installing pre-install
installing data etc etc.

anyone know why it would try to install as an update?

sid_wisc

Reaction score
i had this problem with 1.5 as well, and was unable to flash 1.5, but after wiping data, when i install .zip, it gets stuck on "installing update". has anyone else came across this? ive redownloaded 1.5 over and over, and just redownloaded 2.0 and am going to try again. anybody have any advice?

Try installing a fresh version of Fission (do not get a backup) and then try installing Libetry and see what happens.... I believe you might have modified some file when running fission which is causing you all these issues... ( I might be wrong but that came to my mind so thought of giving you my 2 cents)

Also my bad about telling you that it does not say "installing update", I did not see that it should infact say that when it is opening the update package....

OP
keolawills

keolawills

Reaction score

Try installing a fresh version of Fission (do not get a backup) and then try installing Libetry and see what happens.... I believe you might have modified some file when running fission which is causing you all these issues... ( I might be wrong but that came to my mind so thought of giving you my 2 cents)

Also my bad about telling you that it does not say "installing update", I did not see that it should infact say that when it is opening the update package....

cool, i flashed the stock rom waiting for it to reboot, and ill try again...

OP
keolawills

keolawills

Reaction score
i tried twice more, still nothing. im over it. reloading nandroid and staying with fission and launcher pro... thanks for all the help.

Aalina

Reaction score
some times on internet some files are corrupted or no longer working.. use other website and try to install