Trouble installing ICS update on RAZR MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by davepr86, Jul 7, 2012.

1. davepr86

davepr86 New Member

I can download the 6.16.211 OTA update. When I try to install it, the progress bar gets about a quarter of the way and then an exclamation mark shows up and when the phone boots up it says the software update failed. I did root my phone in the past but since I don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff I really only used that to remove youtube from the phone. Other than that, I didn't change or remove anything else. Even then, I still unrooted the phone and reset it to factory condition but the update still won't install. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't find anything online about someone having the same problem so I'm guessing it's something I may have done. Thanks!
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Try doing a factory data reset and try again... yes I read what you posted... just try it. Lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. tdperry

tdperry New Member

YouTube may be one of the required apps that have to be installed for an update to take. It is better to freeze an app and then unfreeze it prior to update. ICS lets you disable most of the bloat. See if you can find the YouTube apk.
    I just checked titanium Backup and it shows YouTube in red, which normally indicates it is a system app. You can use Matt's droidrazr 1.6 utility to restore to factory condition and set up the phone and then take the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

:blink: I apparently didn't read it well enough.. YouTube is an app you need to have on your phone so it will update.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx ics software update failed
ics download for razr maxx
razr maxx ice cream sandwich update failure

razr maxx uk update fails

trouble install 6.16 update on razr
try to update droid razr maxx to ics sais update failed