1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trouble Flashing SPRecovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by max92rule, Aug 19, 2010.

1. max92rule

max92rule New Member

Hey Everyone,

So I am new to the whole modding my android thing. Here is my phone info:

Motorola Droid (rooted)
    Android Version: 2.2
    Kernel Version: 2.632.9-P3Droid
    Build number: voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

My problem that I am having is that I want to update my SPR recovery. My current version is the 0.99.1b, and I want to upgrade to the 0.99.3b, if there is a later version, please let me know!

So when I type in the: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img command, I get the error:

flash_image: not found

I have the image on the root of my sdcard. I have tried fastboot as well, but that is not working either. Any ideas anyone?
  2. max92rule

max92rule New Member

I have done some research and answered my own question, so I will post it here so if anyone else runs into the same thing.

When I flashed Froyo 2.2 it changed my build from build 6 to build 7. Droid Root Helper is only compatiable with build 6, so when I flashed Froyo 2.2, I did a wipe first, it removed Droid Root Helper, which holds the flash_image command, and now I am not able to download Droid Root Helper from the market to get it back.
Search tags for this page

sprecovery 0.99.3b download