Trouble Flashing ROM

jo_blow421

Reaction score
Ok call me a noob (I am) but I can't seem to get this down right. I followed the video by droidmodderx (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d4-how-flash-rom-via-safestrap-bootstrap.html) and did everything exactly like he did. The only difference was that when I got to the point where I reboot, after pressing search to continue, it goes to a black screen. I tried a couple times waiting about 7 min. each time then another time I waited about 15-20. It just stays on a black screen but the screen is still lit. If someone could explain to me whats going on and how I can fix it that would be awesome.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad ROM install. I don't know what steps you've taken or what rom you've tried to flash but here's some helpful advice:

1 - make sure you're using the latest superuser binary and busybox binary
2 - make sure you're using the correct version of safestrap (2.0 is for leak users, 1.09 is for GB users)
3 - make sure you're installing a compatible rom (don't install a rom designed for the ics leak if you're still running GB)
4 - the ICS leaks are not roms to be flashed through safestrap
5 - perform a data/cache wipe after installing a fresh rom
6 - open source roms (cm9 and aokp) require you to flash Gapps with them

If you still can't get it to work, give me some information (current system, rom trying to flash, etc) and we'll go from there. Good luck!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jo_blow421

Reaction score
GigaJake said:
Sounds like a bad ROM install. I don't know what steps you've taken or what rom you've tried to flash but here's some helpful advice:

2 - make sure you're using the correct version of safestrap (2.0 is for leak users, 1.09 is for GB users)
3 - make sure you're installing a compatible rom (don't install a rom designed for the ics leak if you're still running GB)

If you still can't get it to work, give me some information (current system, rom trying to flash, etc) and we'll go from there. Good luck!

Just got around to working on it some more I figured it out thanks.

OP
J

jo_blow421

Reaction score
GigaJake said:

Ok maybe not. I flashed ICS and downloaded cm9. I reboot, into safstrap, backup, switch systems, wipe data, waipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format system. Then i try installing rom from zip and it looks like it installs fine (box saying something about cm9 for droid 4 beta and whatnot). Then I try to instal gapps and when i try to reboot the screen just stays black. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but help would be appreciated.

kyonxharuhi2

Reaction score
i agree same shizz is happening to me

Ok maybe not. I flashed ICS and downloaded cm9. I reboot, into safstrap, backup, switch systems, wipe data, waipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format system. Then i try installing rom from zip and it looks like it installs fine (box saying something about cm9 for droid 4 beta and whatnot). Then I try to instal gapps and when i try to reboot the screen just stays black. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but help would be appreciated.

i just flashed a ics rom goes to red "m" and the na lit up black screen and i cant find my backup aka it only shows a litte bit of myt folders nt the ones i need wit ha abckup