trouble downloading apps because of WiFi

Cny2286

Reaction score
The apps that i am trying to download keep telling me i need to have my WiFi on so i turned it on and nothing will download still. This started after i had to do a factory reset on my phone.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I see you have the X2 based on your info, but please be a bit more specific, do you have data saver on, is it actually connecting to a wifi network or is it just on?

Apollyon67

Reaction score
same

I am having the same trouble with my Droid 3 XT862. I can browse just fine but any app I try to download says the file is too big and needs to be downloaded using the wifi. This has gotten to be a pain in the backside. Tried changing quite a few things and I really won't have time in the near future to drive out to the Verizon store to have a Tech look at it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Apollyon67

Reaction score
datasaver

The dreaded data saver app locked me into wifi to save power. Not sure how that works, but undoing it now lets me download apps like it should.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Data saver keeps you from breaching the new 2gb cap, since this is one of the phones to come out after the cap, it uses it.

Apollyon67

Reaction score
Thanks

Ah Ha, That makes sense. So far I am still grandfathered in with the unlimited... for now.