Trouble Booting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kabz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kabz

kabz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I am rooted and using UD8, but this problem is not limited to that ROM. Whenever I boot up or reboot the phone, it gets stuck on the startup animation. It gets past the M, vibrates once and then doesn't usually go any further. Sometimes, if I leave if long enough, it will play the notification noise and then green led will blink, but it is still looping the animation. I have left it overnight before and it was still there in the morning.

This has happened with other ROMs. Usually, I have to boot into recovery, wipe, and reinstall a ROM. Today I only cleared the cache (not the data) and reinstalled the same ROM and was OK. Still a pain though because a lot of apps had to be reinstalled. Also, not battery related.

Any ideas?

2. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Anytime you go from ROM to ROM you need to clear the data and the cache. Everything is written differntly. Like switching from Windows to Linux and then trying to put all your cookies back. Just ain't gonna work.

If it bootloops or gets stuck after you clear all that and then reboot for the 1st time that's different and I am currently working my way thru that with someone else. Narrowed it down to a rogue app.

3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Always wipe your feet before going onside, always wash your hands after going to the bathroom. The same applies when switching ROMs unless the Dev says go for it -- and even then, be prepared to have to wipe anyway.

Clearing your cache every few weeks is a good thing to do anyway.

4. kabz

kabz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I clear and wipe! So that's not the problem.