Trouble after Gingerbread!!!! Help!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my guesses would be either power button or home button

I was thinking maybe home button too but that didn't do it. I was too scared to hit anything. Guess I need to stop being a wimp. Power button did it so let's see what happens. Thanks alot for your help, Spaz!! Hopefully this will do it. I'll let you guys know in case this happens to someone else.

fingers crossed

chefb

Reaction score
If you are trying to go back to 2.2 you have to flash the stock sbf zip that brings you back to 2.2, re-root ,re- install dx bootstrap ,( wipe)flash back up of liberty. You may have to re activate phone,and I hear when you flash back and might even boot loop.

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
You can try booting in to stock recovery and doing factory reset.

tappin and a talkin

Yea, I've been trying that but when I get to the triangle screen, search button does nothing! It won't open the options to let me scroll to factory reset. What do you think?
If you used the Gingerbread file from early this am it has a broken stock recovery. P3 put out a patch for that. If you got it later in the day it should be ok. If you see the choices but can't select try using the power button to select instead of the camera button which won't work. Go to New and the info should be in the root Gingerbread thread. Sorry I can't post links.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are trying to go back to 2.2 you have to flash the stock sbf zip that brings you back to 2.2, re-root ,re- install dx bootstrap ,( wipe)flash back up of liberty. You may have to re activate phone,and I hear when you flash back and might even boot loop.

when i sbf'd i did indeed bootloop but a factory reset squared me away.

9wire

Reaction score
Oh man, I flashed the rooted .zip, followed instructions, got stuck at the red moto screen and boot.Wouldn't boot into recovery at all. SBF'ing now, I'll go back to Liberty 1.5. Have get titanium from the market, restore bootstrap, then install my back up. What a mess.
EDIT-sbf didn't work bootloader says error a5,70,70,00,1f
then mem_map blank service req'd

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score
Oh man, I flashed the rooted .zip, followed instructions, got stuck at the red moto screen and boot.Wouldn't boot into recovery at all. SBF'ing now, I'll go back to Liberty 1.5. Have get titanium from the market, restore bootstrap, then install my back up. What a mess.

Where. Did you download from

9wire

Reaction score

Where. Did you download from
Got the GB from the get it now thread. Looks like I had a bad sbf.

chefb

Reaction score
And bad download...also try to download over wifi......hope to hear you get your phone back up!

aimless

Reaction score
Ok, so everything seems to be working smooth with GB now. Do you guys think we'll have problems running apps on GB like I did with ADW? Do they need to be updated to work with GB instead of the original .340?