Trouble adding non-gmail email account

mishmash

Reaction score
I am having trouble adding my personal email account. I go through all the steps, but then I get the "Warning: cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding".

The "manual" and I use that term loosely, states that if you get that error, you need to verify all the ettings wih your mail provider, including settings for the incoming server and to access their outgoing server from other networks. Not being a computer geek, I have nooo idea what that means or how to do it. I have tried changing all the possible options and I keep getting the same error. Can anybody help me.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
the native email app should allow yahoo and hotmail, etc.. just enter your UN and PASSWD

my buddy has hotmail going, no problem...

what email service you have?? you have a work server or something??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the native email app should allow yahoo and hotmail, etc.. just enter your UN and PASSWD

It's a google phone. Whenever possible you should run the mail through gmail or you more then likely will have issues.

OP
M

mishmash

Reaction score

I have a sbcglobal.net email which a yahoo based email address. I have put in my email address and password in the Other(POP3/IMAP) option. Is that what you mean by the native email app?

Mikejl

Reaction score

I have a sbcglobal.net email which a yahoo based email address. I have put in my email address and password in the Other(POP3/IMAP) option. Is that what you mean by the native email app?
You will also need to put in your pop3 and smtp server addresses. If you don't know them, go into your computer and look at the account settings for your sbcglobal.net email account.

Note that you will probably not be able to do more than receive email from this account. To send email usually requires that you be connected to their network.

Mike

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
I'm running gmail and a comcast account with no issues....

OP
M

mishmash

Reaction score

You will also need to put in your pop3 and smtp server addresses. If you don't know them, go into your computer and look at the account settings for your sbcglobal.net email account.
Mike

This is what I am having trouble finding. I don't mean to sound stupid, but where do I find the smtp server address? I have gone through my account settings (at least the ones I can find) and I am not finding it.

Mikejl

Reaction score
In your Email account it may say incoming mail server (POP3) and outgoing mail server (smtp).

One of the following should work for you.

smtp.sbcglobal.net or smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Mike

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
FYI - I had an issue (have an issue) with Yahoo accounts working when my Wifi is turned on (won't connect). I have to turn it off in order to get Yahoo to connect.

Cheermom

Reaction score
I don't know if you solved your problem, but here is what I found to add my sbcglobal email to my HTC Incredible...

Incoming mail server settings

• POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings

• SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 465
See if that helps. Verizon was no help in getting my new phone set up with our sbcglobal email.

Hope it helps.

OP
M

mishmash

Reaction score
I don't know if you solved your problem, but here is what I found to add my sbcglobal email to my HTC Incredible...

Incoming mail server settings

• POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings

• SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 465
See if that helps. Verizon was no help in getting my new phone set up with our sbcglobal email.

Hope it helps.
Thanks CheerMom, YOU ROCK!!! :icon_ banana:

Cheermom

Reaction score
I am assuming that means that it worked for you. dancedroid YEAH!!