Tron fans?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by djakrse, Dec 20, 2010.

1. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I need a little clarification from someone who's a true fan or has seen the new movie and has better insight. I enjoyed the original film when I was younger and am a scifi movie fan in general, but do not follow the canon that well or even know all the characters. I haven't seen the new movie yet but plan to soon enough.

I'm trying to make myself some wallpaper of the light discs and have so far only made the blue one:
    [​IMG]

My question is what are the official Tron colors as far as circuitry goes? I found this link, Program - Tron Wiki - Tron, Tron Legacy, Tron 2.0, Tron Evolution and more. Is this represented in the new movie?

I want to make a few others, but from all the official wallpaper, posters, and screenshots I've seen so far, it's very confusing what is what. Can anyone tell me with any certainty what colors I should use so I can create my wallpaper? Specifically, I'd like to make Clu's yellow disc and Rinzler's 2-tone disc. I love the yellow-orange look of the lightcycles, but it doesn't match anyone?

Here's where I'm at:
    From cross-referencing the Tron Legacy images I've seen and the wikia link, I would think the colors still used are blue, red, yellow, white, and orange. Orange is not mentioned on that page, but I found the reference to Rinzler here (warning: spoilers) and it is apparent in the images I've seen.

The images are inconsistent to me, though. The only ones I seem to know for sure are white and blue. The yellow, orange, and red seem to be interchangeable in the pictures.

• Attachment 1: This is supposed to be Clu standing in front of some kind of security facility. Wikia says Clu is yellow; security is red. The image looks to me like orange and red.

• Attachment 2 is Rinzler, who has orange circuitry. Looks red to me here and his light disc is red and blue|white. I'm thinking it's supposed to be orange and blue?

• Attachment 3 is of Clu and his light disc, clearly yellow. What gives? Different appearance in different locations?

• Attachment 4 is either Clu or Rinzler on a light cycle? Looks yellow/orange so I'm guessing it's Clu and supposed to be yellow, but:

• Attachment 5 is clearly yellow lightcycles, as are the screenshots I have of Clu getting off his lightcycle (matching his disc in att.3).
    Are these just differences in film screenshots vs. something a digital artist made, in which he used the wrong RGBs?

EDIT: sorry, the attachments were there through 3 preview/edits, but disappeared after my last preview. WTF?

Attached Files:

2. johnrbrown1968

johnrbrown1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this is what you're looking for ::

1982 Tron ::

The original film was predominantly red and blue ... almost entirely.

Everything from the world, to the machines and vehicles, to the people ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the reply

Actually, I'm looking for info on the new movies in particular. I thought the colors had changed a little from the '82 movie, but I didn't know for sure. I've been making Tron Legacy wallpaper and made a blue light disc. I wanted to make one for Clu and Rinzler, yellow and orange, but was confused on the look of those in the movie. The official wallpapers seem to conflict with the movie screenshots I've seen.

I've since sort of worked it out, finding more screenshots to go on and have made a yellow disc.

[​IMG]

The Rinzler disc sort of eludes me still. There is a movie poster/wallpaper where he has a 2 toned disc (attachment 2, 1st post), with what looks like red on the inner circle and blue or white on the outside. In other shots, I've seen him with a light disc with orange on the outside ring only. I'm certain he's supposed to have orange colors.

I've learned or decided the lightcycle, attachment 4 in my first post, is in fact Rinzler and is representative of the orange circuitry. An example of my confusion, the first attachment is Clu in what appears to be matching orange, and yet I know he is supposed to be yellow. The background here is red I believe and matches the red in Rinzler's two-tone disc in attachment 2.

I've already made an orange disc for Rinzler, but haven't posted it yet as I wanted to figure out the correct coloring. Until I go see the movie, I'm waiting for a little help.

4. johnrbrown1968

johnrbrown1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhhh ... ok... I thought you wanted original Tron information....

Ok, Clu is Black with Yellow trim ...

[​IMG]

Rinzler is mostly black with some minimal Orange/Red highlight ...

[​IMG]

I saw the original film in theaters in 82, when I was 14 ....

I really enjoyed this one. I saw it on IMAX 3D, though I must admit, the 3D didn't make a drastic amount of difference. It's really played down, but I still found the film extremely enjoyable.

5. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Okay, great. Thanks. Sorry to sound dense, but in particular, would you say Rinzler's discs are red or orange on the inner ring? I believe the outer ring is blue, correct? This is what I made to match the poster out there:

[​IMG]

Thanks again for your help!

P.S. I don't remember if I saw Tron in theaters in 82; possibly I think, but I did see the Star Wars trilogy in theaters, so I don't feel too left out. My dad was and is a huge scifi fan. I also saw all of the Star Trek movies, Superman, Close Encounters otTK, Starman, and numerous others in theaters. Fun stuff.

Attached Files:

6. troncgc2001

troncgc2001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pre-Sale CGC 9.8 SS TRON #1 Bruce AKA TRON / Cindy AKA YORI

( Signature Series )
    I will be having a signing with Bruce Boxleitner AKA ALAN BRADLY / TRON 1982 / TRON LEGACY 2010 and Cindy Morgan AKA LORA / YORI 1982

Pre-screen 9.8 !!!!!! CGC Witness on site Authentic Signature's before grading !!!!!!
    Title: Tron #1 Publisher: Slave Labor Date: 4/06 Cover: Wraparound

The price $125 for a CGC 9.8 SS Tron #1 Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan with Shipping
    Order must be made and paid in full by March 11 2011 You will receive this item no later then April 22 2011
    Note: Time Frame could be sooner it all depend on CGC turn around, All CGC comic's will be shipped Priority Mail
    Your order could get to you before April 22 2011 Shipping take's at least 8 to 10 day's max !!!

Payment:
    Form of PayPal only with a confirmed address !!! No check's or money order or COD for this item ...
    Paypal only because it is safe and better managed for both party's

Your order will be tracked from the day it start ( Process from grading to pick up from cgc right to the post office )
    I will then send you a Delivery Confirmation number to track your order USPS ...

Should you have any question about a order or to place a order, Send me a PM or a email

Glynn Adkins Jr
    Glynn and Son CGC Graded Comic's
    ( Authorized Member Dealers Since 1999 the start )
    Email: comicmaster76@netscape.net
    Link to mine CGC 9.8 Tron comic this one is not signed in the picture it is a CGC 9.8 The one for sale will be signed under the Signature Series / yellow label
    ( Sorry copy and paste if needed to this link that is on my CGC page on Facebook, Yes the tron comic in the picture is mine and not for sale )
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Search tags for this page
red tron
red tron circle

red tron disc

ring tron
tron - yellow disc
tron disc
tron movie rinzler
tron wallpapers for htc one m8
tron white light disc wallpaper